Birth of a Leader

An almost full moon hangs in the sky above a dark village. A single shadowy figure can be seen running through the streets as they pant lightly from the exertion. The person runs into one of the only buildings with lights on inside and drops their hood as a young girl no more than twelve greets the woman at the door.

"How is the patient Butterflypaw?"

"She just went into labor for the second time. This should be the last one though. There haven't been any problems so far with the birth Master Scaleclaw," Butterflypaw says and bows slightly. Scaleclaw nods and a loud scream is heard as she quickly heads towards the scream. A woman lies on a cot and screams again as Scaleclaw gently spreads the woman's legs and helps deliver the last child. The woman screams again and a few seconds later the cry of a newborn echoes around the room.

"Congratulations Miss Tsume. You have given birth to a beautiful baby girl and one baby boy. Both are healthy and in good shape for newborns. They should be ready for the ceremony in a few days' time as well," Scaleclaw smiles as she hands the two children to Tsume.

"Wonderful...," Tsume weakly pants as she holds the two children close and smiles. Scaleclaw smiles at the new mother before standing up and going to a side room.

"You can come in now Pinestar. You should help your mate pick names for your children." Scaleclaw smiles as a dark brown haired man walks into the room and looks at his mate and two children. The male child cries as he wiggles in his blanket with his eyes closed, while the female opens her eyes and looks around silently with intelligence already shining in her red eyes. Tsume smiles at the young girl and Pinestar glares at the girl before focusing on the male. The male feels the eyes on him and quiets under the gaze of his father and whimpers softly.

"What shall we name them love?" Tsume whispers softly as she holds the two newborns close.

"Tigerkit and Whitetigerkit will do nicely since I can already tell they shall take after their father as warriors," Pinestar smirks triumphantly as he gazes at the two. Tsume nods and looks at her children fondly and sniffs the awake and frowning female who gazes up at her mother with a spark of intelligence beyond her age. Pinestar frowns at her and Tsume smiles lovingly at the little girl who smiles at her mother and giggles softly.

"I think we should name this one Whitetigerkit," Tsume murmurs softly as she gazes at the giggling child. The girl frowns at the name and seems to shake her head as if she doesn't like the name. Tsume frowns at the girl and shakes her head as both children yawn and the female closes her eyes as she falls asleep. Scaleclaw takes the children and places them in the same crib before escorting Pinestar out of the room. Tsume stares at the crib with her children in it as the young girl rolls over and looks at her mother with piercing soft red orbs. "Kiba.... That's what I'll name you. Kiba the Fang of ThunderClan," Tsume murmurs softly as she drifts off staring at her child.

A few days later the full moon sits in the sky and shines down on the village below. On this particular night the village bustles with activity as mothers and fathers carry their youngest children towards the only lit building. Tsume and Pinestar slowly follow the line of parents holding their newest children in their arms. As they walk into the building they are directed to stand in a circle around an altar inside the building. Two objects lie on a pedestal in the center of a circle that glows with a faint black color.

The two parents stand directly in front of the altar as the other families stand on either side of them waiting quietly. A few moments later and the two objects begin to pulse slowly, but quickly speed up until both glow with a dark light that seems to emit a primitive and animal-like power to those that feel it. Immediately all, but the odd red eyed child, start to cry out in fear of the presences, but the parents quickly hush them. Pinestar looks down at his son in disappointment after he quiets the young male down and his daughter lays perfectly silent in her mother's arms as she stares at the glowing objects.