Wandavision & tFatWS

MCU Year: 2023

From now on, I will be referring to the five years between A:IW and Endgame as the Blip since this is how canon refers to it. I will also use the term Snap to indicate the exact moment everyone died to avoid confusing the events of A:IW with those of the last five years.

--- Wandavision ---

The first episode centers around a calendar date; August 23rd, 2023.
I would argue that various aspects of Wandavision imply it takes place closer to fall, but I don't know what Westview in August should look like.

Since most aspects of Wanda's illusion are taken from reality, this date should be accurate. Based on context clues, it appears to be the day the "Hex" starts. A line of dialogue implies the anomaly continues for several weeks, possibly more than a month. Since there is a "Halloween episode" and we know Wanda is using a calendar, we might assume that the Hex lasts into early November. However, we may also assume that she is speeding up time to achieve certain episode themes.

Maria Rambeau died of cancer two years into the Blip, i.e. 2020.

In Ep.4, Director Hayward says it's been "three weeks" since the Blip right before sending Monica Rambeau to Westview. This implies that the Blip ended in the first few days of August.

It is confirmed that Wanda was born in 1989.

--- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier ---

In episode one (Ep.1), Bucky Barnes tells his date he's 106 years old. Since he was born in 1917 this makes the year of this episode 2023, the same year Endgame occurs. If one goes by the "1916" typo in CA:TWS, this would mean TFATWS:S1 would have to occur in 2022, before Endgame, which we know is impossible. Very little time passes over the course of all six episodes, so it's fair to conclude the entire first season takes place in 2023.

Exact time of year is uncertain, but Sam Wilson's nephews are in school. In the US leaves are on trees and everyone wears a coat or sweater outdoors. The window of the sushi place in Brooklyn is constantly fogged up, meaning it's cold outside. In Europe everyone wears a coat outdoors.

Bucky has been pardoned and now resides in the US, and his therapist's comments imply they've had numerous sessions already. Other plot aspects show it's been a little while since the Blip.

Sharon Carter's timeline is uncertain. Since she's secluded and secretive, there's no guarantee she died in the Snap. Endgame suggested she did, so for now we will assume that to be true. If that is the case, her rise to power only occurred in the last few months. Dr. Nagel tells Sam that he had figured out the super soldier formula before dying in the Snap, so when Sharon discovers him after the Blip not much time is needed to develop the serum. Had she been alive during the Blip, surely she would have found another scientist to continue Nagel's work, or even better, contacted the Avengers and been pardoned sooner. Previous to Endgame she had been on the ru for two years. If she had risen to power in that time and then been snapped, all her power would have been lost in the following five years.

Helmut Zemo may or may not have survived the Snap. He's unhappy with how long he's been imprisoned, which pre-Snap was only two years and post-Blip makes seven. His steward must also have survived the Snap because someone had to protect Zemo's possessions and property during the Blip (I imagine a lot of rich people came back from the Blip to find their stuff "relocated"). Also, since Zemo's only child died in AoU, had Zemo been Snapped his steward would have controlled his estate until an heir could be found.

Karli Morgenthau is not given an exact age, but Sam refers to her as a teenager (Ep.6). Therefore the oldest she can be is nineteen. Subtract the Blip and she was at most fourteen when the Snap occurred. She states that she was a lonely orphan her whole life until Mama Donya took her in. Given her English accent, the international accents and features of her friends, and the fact that they all met in Latvia under the care of Mama Donya, Karli only found family because of the Blip. (Sidenote, this means she was born as early as 2004 and would have been about ten years old when Dark Elves attacked London in T:TDW).

If you are interested in timeline info for any other characters in either series, leave a comment or DM me and I'll see what I can find.