001

I am prepared

I am prepared. It has been a few months since my mother's death. It hasn't gotten easier, I haven't figured out a healthy way to cope, or how to hold in the pain. I only figured out a way to hide it from the all the cameras that pose in my face, the second I leave the house.

I got a hold of my accessories and a very bland outfit put on me. Once I had everything I needed in my hand, I was on my way to my first photo shoot since my mother's passing.

I had gotten booked a few weeks ago, but due to the aggressive coping, I'd gain a few and needed to lose it, in order to keep my career going. And so I did.

Not once did I feel mentally ready, but, I knew it was time to go back to doing something that will most likely help me.

I quickly hurried inside the bakery and got a small pastry, I pushed pass the paparazzi. Trying not to let the aggressive questions get to my head.

"Azariella! What can you say to those disrespecting your mothers death?"
"Hey Ella! How are you doing with the fact that your mother is no longer here?"
"You've gained a bit of weight, are you going to continue with your modeling career?"

I wasn't allowed to physically do it, but the amount of times I wished I could flip them off.

Weird and overwhelming thoughts filled my head, the entire drive to the photo shoot. My thoughts being interrupted by a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Azariella where are you? The shoot is gonna start in a bit and we still need to get you dressed!" my manager, Mia, practically whisper yelled at me through the phone.

"I'm on the road, I got stopped by some cameras" my voice turned a bit stern at the last words I spoke.

Mia went silent for a bit, "I hope they didn't go overboard. The CEO of EB clothing district is here as well. Apparently he doesn't trust everyone here to do everything his way"

"I'll be there in five minutes"

I hung up the phone and threw it on the passenger seat. I sighed and with my free hand, instinctively it went through my hair to show my frustration.

The CEO is going to be there! And I'm running late. This is my first shoot back and I'm already running late. Screw me.

-

I hurried out of my car and made my way inside, seeing people running around.

Mia made her way towards me and grabbed my arm, hurriedly taking me to my dressing room.

"You have about ten to fifteen minutes to get dressed"

Closing the door behind her, I set my things down and get ready.

Once all clothing had been on my body, I went over to makeup and sat in the chair. The makeup artist had been extremely sweet, really easy to have conversation with too.

Up until a shadow came up behind me, I looked in the mirror to see a man standing behind me in a suit.

"Are you the model?" He spoke, his voice was very raspy and hoarse.

I nodded, "Azariella Chontos"

"Everest Belmont, CEO" they introduced to me. "Nice to meet you Mr. Belmont" I tried to smile genuinely, my guess is that they succeeded in seeing that.

He nodded, "You too Ms. Chontos," walking away afterwards.

He's cute.

When my make up was finished, I tried my hardest to look confident. I went on the set and got ready. Seeing so many people staring at me, trying to fix any inconvenience made me unfortunately weird.

I brushed it off trying to bring back the model in me, posing in whatever poses the photographer is telling me to do. In the corner of my eyes, I see Mia walking back and forth talking to different people, nodding at them before walking away.

I see Mr. Belmont staring right at me, making sure there was nothing wrong and that everything I was advertising is going perfect. Though, I thought it was.

Until they spoke up, "Add a bit of pressure on the fan" he suggested, the person controlling the fan listened as such.

My balance got knocked off a bit but I quickly regained it.

After taking multiple pictures, I had to go get dressed into the second pair of clothing. These were a bit showing and uncomfortable for me.

Trying to regain my confidence once again, I quickly went over to the makeup station and waited patiently.

Walking over to the set, and waiting for everyone else to be ready. I sat there silently. I looked up while someone came to me.

He smiled and held out his hand, "Jesse Merlyn"

I shook his hand and returned the smile, "Azariella Chontos, so what are you here as?"

He raised a confused look. "I meant what do you do?" I repeated. "I work with Everest, co-workers and really good friends"

"Hey, I'm really sorry about your mom passing" he said with empathy in his tone, I stiffened and stared straight at him.

"Okay Ella, we're ready!" someone yelled, not too far from me.

I got up without saying a word and took place. I didn't bother to look back at Jesse, as I didn't know what to say.

After the rest of the pictures were taken with the different outfits, I changed back into my original clothes.

I said my goodbyes to everyone, before checking the time.

Eleven o'clock, perfect time for a drink.