1. Rescued

Your eyes slowly flutter open as you wake up in an unfamiliar room. You find yourself laying on a single bed. Sitting up too quickly, you suddenly feel extremely light headed.
"Woah, easy there." You hear a familiar masculine voice and try to search where it's coming from but your vision blurs. The voice speaks again but this time it sounds too faded and far away for you to hear what he said.

A few hours later you wake up again but this time you don't try to sit up again. You just laid there. Head turning to the side you spot the one and only Captain America sitting on a nearby sofa. Your eyes widen and you catch yourself gasping unexpectedly.

He looked up from the book he was reading and looked at you with a relieved smile. "How do you feel?"

In love You thought to yourself but cleared your throat and said, "I.. um.. I don't know how I feel wh-what happened?" Eyebrows furrowed.

"Are you feeling any physical pain?" He asked.

"My head and my leg really hurts."

He nods. "You don't remember what happened to you?"

"No." You shook your head, clueless. "Where are we? Is this real?" You rub your eyes, hoping you're not hallucinating. But to your amazement, he was still there.

Steve chuckled. "This is real. We are in the Avengers tower."

Your eyes widen and your heart begins to race. "What?"

"Don't worry, it's okay." He stands up and walks to your bedside, sitting on a different chair next to it. "You will be just fine. You're here to heal and be protected."

The door squeaks open and someone else walks in.

"Bruce." Steve nodded toward him, greeting him.

"Steve." Bruce did the same thing.

Bruce Banner??? Woah. This has to be some sort of crazy dream. You thought.

Bruce turned to you and was checking on your health status and heart rate. "You're doing a little better than when you first got in here." He states. "You still need to get plenty of rest (Y/n)"

"You know my name?" You asked, a bit surprised.

Bruce slightly lifted the blanket to look and a covered bullet wound on your leg and then covered it closed again. He then looks at you, "Yeah. You work here. "

What?? You felt even more confused.

"What happened to me?" You remember Bruce looking at something on your sore leg and your head hurt so bad, it was throbbing.

"You were caught up in ambush from Hydra. You work for the Avengers. Well, assisting in the tower. A lot like Pepper would do with Tony. You're always a good helping hand. Unfortunately, hydra had been watching you and when you left to go home, they came to try and kidnap you to find out more information about us and turn you against us. But you phoned in. And when the phone was answered, there was a lot of muffling noises. I kept trying to talk to you but you couldn't answer me. That's when I knew something was wrong and I had to follow your phones tracker. You weren't too far from the tower so I was able to get to you in time. At least, I thought I did. By the time I got to you, one of the men from hydra held a gun to us and I kicked it out of his hands but he already pulled the trigger and the bullet pierced through your leg. They knocked you out really hard before I got there and tried to shove you in a trunk, that's also why your head hurts." He rubs the back of his neck and frowns with worry. "I'm so sorry (Y/n)."

This was crazy.  You felt puzzled because you lost a lot of memory. But you nodded. "Don't worry Steve. I appreciate what you've done. Thank you." You smile a small smile.

He takes your hand in his hands which causes butterflies in your belly. "I will always be here... I'd never want you in danger. I care about you (Y/n)." He looks at you caringly and you can't seem to look away. "It's gonna be okay." Steve reassured you as Bruce began to give you more pain medication.