03| Professor Moody

"How'd you think this is gonna go? With Moody, I mean

"How'd you think this is gonna go? With Moody, I mean. He seems pretty..."Aurora trailed off, not knowing the way to describe the new professor. Andrea shrugged, picking at her nails as they sat, waiting for the professor to appear and for the class to finally begin.

Suddenly the dorm slammed open, the professor walking furiously towards the front of the classroom. He grabbed a piece of chalk, scrawling his name onto the board before facing the class. Aurora knew just by the look on his face that it would be an eventful first class.

After a quick introduction the professor began to speak of the three unforgivable curses, something Aurora knew wasn't supposed to be taught to them until their sixth year.

As the professor began his demonstrations Aurora began to feel anxious, her leg bouncing up and down, and her hand fiddling with the side of her skirt. She winced as he began to demonstrate the Cruciatus curse on a spider. The helpless creature withering in pain on the table in the front of the classroom.

After what seemed like the longest class of her life, it finally ended. Aurora eager to leave, Andrea following after her friend. "Well that was," Andrea trailed off, her eyes filled with concern as she noticed her best friend's slightly shaken state. "Eventful," Aurora finished for her.

"That's one way to put it."

"Hey, I'm going to head down to the greenhouses. Professor Sprout told me she has some Mandrakes she needs to be repotted, and I said I'd help." Andrea nodded, the two giving each other a quick hug before heading their separate ways.

~

"Oh, hello Neville," Aurora greeted, the boys eyes lighting up as he gave her a smile and wave, a book clutched in his hand. "You're just in time, there's still a few Mandrakes that need to be repotted."

Aurora moved to grab another pot, wiping her dirt stained hand with a rag before pushing her sleeved further up her arms. "Here you go," Aurora handing a pair of earmuffs to Neville, the boy giving her a nod in thanks before rolling up his own sleeves.

The two worked silently, pulling out and repotting the young Mandrakes. Once done the two began to clean themselves up, wiping their hands and any dirty surface down before they began putting things in their rightful place. "Hey, is that a new book? I don't think I've ever seen it in the library before?"

"Oh, yeah. Professor Moody gave it to me, after class. We had tea," Neville nodded, picking up the book and handing it to a curious Aurora.
"Magical Waterplants of the Highland Lochs. You said Moody gave this to you?"

He nodded, his eyes trained on the book in her hands as they walked. "Moody he's, well he's something else I suppose. Did he show you the curses as well?"

"Yes, that's why we had tea, and when he gave me the book." Aurora nodded, taking one last glance at the book before handing it back to the boy. "Hey, would you happen to know where I could find Granger?"