Learning the ways of Business

I meet Cora at lunch time. She approaches me, "so, I heard you're the Golden child."
I nod, "mhm."
"Well then, hello your highness."

She smiles, "what colour are your wings?"

I roll my shoulders back.

She clicks her fingers.

Her wings are a lovely pinkish red that fade to white at the end.

"Your Wings Are pretty." I say.
"And yours are glorious! It's nice having another Night Blood around! So, what brings you to the human world?"

She clicks her fingers again, I roll my shoulders forward.

"One of the lords believes that if I manage to break the chains, I may cause major havoc all throughout the kingdom."
"Which lord?"
"Lord Luper."
"Yeah, no one likes him. I can say that, because I'm from his part of the kingdom, and no one likes him. He's really mean and once he forms an opinion, you can't change his mind."
"And that is why my father could not keep me."
"King Caspien?"
"Yes."
"I feel sorry for him, having to lose such a wonderful child like you. How is he?"
"He died his hair recently."
"Ooh! What Color?"
"Bright pink."
"That's adorable. But also, why?"
"Because he said to the entire kingdom that he would, so he could not go back on it."
"Okay. Got a boyfriend or girlfriend back home?"
"A boyfriend. Toby."
"My girlfriend is Scarlett."
"Okay."

Cora sits down, "so, want to discuss rocks and crystals and stuff?"
"Absolutely!"
"Yes! Finally! A fellow collector of rocks and crystals!"

I smile....

I get back to the callas' house a short while after the rest. Clara wouldn't let me get into the car with the rest of the kids, so I walked. Which I had no problem with, because I could plug in my headphones and listen to music without anyone thinking me rude.

I get in and Clara approaches me. She puts her hands on her hips, and stands up straight, only adding a few inches above my height.

"Hello Clara."
"Why Are you Late?"
"You would not let me get in the car. I walked."
"Just go to your room!"
"Gladly."

I go up to the attic and sit at my desk, putting together a wind chime for miss Kinders classroom.

I use light pink crystals and the gold coloured chimes.

Clara stands at the banister, watching me, "what are you doing?"
"Making a wind chime."
"Hold it up?"
"Give me a minute."
"Okay."

I finish it and then hold it up to a ray of light streaming through the sky light in the roof. It shines rays of pink light across the room and I lightly blow on it to make it chime.

Clara looks at it, mesmerised, "you made that?"
"Yes."
"It.... it's amazing, let me take a picture?"
"Of course."

She moves closer, and takes a picture, "let's set you up an Instagram, and I'll give you my old Etsy account, because I never used it."
"Okay?"
She sits next to me as I box up the wind chime.

And then she downloads Instagram on my phone and sets up an account. And then she downloads Etsy on my phone and updates the info so that it's my information not hers. But she changes my birth year so I'm eighteen according to Etsy.

"Now, let's put a link to your Etsy in the description of your Instagram. I'll send you this photo from my account, and you can post it on your page. Okay?"
"Okay."

We do that and then I get ready for work...

"Hello Damien."
"Good afternoon Mr Johnson."
"Give me your hands?"

I walk over, and hold out my hands.

He puts his glasses on and inspects my hands, "yes, they seem like they craft delicately."
"Thank you?"
"I need a new wind chime. Do you think you can do that?"
"Yes sir."
"Good. If you're curious about Color, green will suit my antique store just fine. And please, make it captivating, so that we get more customers."
"I can do that sir."
"Who knows? Maybe they will ask about who made the wind chime, and will want to buy one."
"Maybe."
"Now, you get on with the floor, I'll go in the back and see what I can bring through to the front."

I pick up the broom and begin dusting the floors...

When I get back to the callas', I get straight to working on mr Johnson's wind chime.

I then call him to tell him it's done, after Clara takes a few pictures, and put it on my desk to bring to him when I'm next at the antique store.

I look at the time. An hour until I have to go to the jewellers. I make a few pieces of jewellery to show my boss, and put them in a box. When it gets to the time to leave, Clara drives me and has a word with my boss whilst I sort a few things out.

"Damien, over here?"

I go over, "yes Mr Dane?"
"Mrs Callas here says you can make things? Like wind chimes and stuff?"
"Yes sir. I can also make dream catchers and jewellery."
"Got anything to show me?"
"Yes sir, I actually made a few things to show you today."
"Let's have a look then."

I bring them both to my desk and show them the different rings and bracelets and necklaces I made.

"Those are pretty amazing Damien Jean, might just get you to help out in the work shop. You keep working on things, might put a few in the window."

He smiles, "in fact..." he picks up the Lacey gold ivy bracelets that I made with jade stones, "I'm gonna put a few of these in the window. And whoever buys one, you'll get half what they pay. Some of the other jade bracelets in here, are what, $1000, $1.5k? And this is pretty intricate, so I think we'll go $1.5k."

He goes over to the window and Clara high fives me.

"I am absolutely sure you're bracelets will draw more people in Damien." Mr Dane smiles...