Chapter 5: Helicarrier Showdown

We walked through the woods until we caught sight of the Triskelion in the distance. We stopped for a second and looked at each other silently asking if we were ready, before continuing towards the building. We made it inside and Hill began doing something with her phone. All the sudden we heard yells from behind the door we were standing in front of. Sam raised his gun and raised my hands in front of me. A few seconds later the door opened up and a man in his early 20's looked at us with wide eyes as Steve stepped forward, "Excuse us." he said and the guy willing stepped aside and waved us in with his arms above his head like we were gonna shoot him. I rolled my eyes as we walked past him to the desk. I used my powers to guide them out of the room in a trance so they wouldn't bother us as Steve took the announcement mic.

"Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, this is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E. and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam said as we smirked at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(If someone is talking through comms it'll be in Italics) "They're initiating launch." Maria said to us through the comms ear pieces she'd given us before we left to get to the helicarriers. The three of us ran towards the opening in the ground where the Helicarrier was rising from.

"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam said.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." he responded and Sam took flight. Me and Steve jumped down onto the Helicarrier and were immediately met with gun fire. I didn't bother creating a shield and immediately snapped one of their guns in half and sent him flying off the ship. I did the same with another as Cap and I ran for cover. A guard came around the corner and Cap took care of him as I dealt with the others.

"Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about." Sam said

"You okay?" I asked, snapping three of the guards necks.

"I'm not dead yet."

We continued running along the Helicarrier taking out anyone who stood in our way. I had to keep reminding myself that I was on the good side every time I snapped someone's neck or seriously hurt them. I wasn't HYDRA's pet. I was me. I am The Reaper. I am Karli Romanoff and I am a good person who was forced to do evil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falcon, status?" Maria asked.

"Engaging."

I turned to Steve, "You good from here?" he asked, I nodded my head and he went a separate way down to the lowest level. "All right, Cap. I'm in." I heard Sam say, "Oh, shit!" Sam yelled. I snapped the last guy's neck and paused.

"Sam? you okay?!" I asked him, concern lacing my voice.

"I'm good Kai!"

I walked along the top of the Helicarrier looking for more targets, but as I walked, I realized someone was watching me.