Chapter 5

Ishqi made her entry into the Malhotra Mansion with her Maasi.

They both came at the lawn and Maasi went to sir with Suman and Ahaan's Chachi while Ishqi near Sonu.

Kartik rushed towards Ishqi in order to feed her gulab jamun.

Gulab jamun, being Ishqi's ultimate favourite sweet instantly made her crave for it.

"Yeh lo, Ishqi gulab jamun khaao. "

Ishqi was just about to drop it in her mouth when she heard Mayank saying her, "Khud ki taraf kabhi dekha hai? Kitna khati ho! Diet bhi toh nahi karti. Ab Shaadi ke din tak toh ruk jaao. Mehendi ke din bhi khaaye jaa rahi thi. Aur main har baar toh tumhe defend nahi kar sakta na! "

Ishqi felt bad at this and so she kept the sweet on the plate, without having it.

"Arre beta, aise kyun keh raha hai? " Suman said to Mayank who turned his face.
Suman turned to Ishqi and said with a smile, "Beta, agar khane ko mann kare toh khalo. Mayank ke baaton pe mat jaao."

"Nahi aunty, thik hai. Waise bhi sahi toh kaha Mayank ne. " Ishqi replied a bit sadly.

"Mayank ne toh sahi hi kaha hai. Isse toh sirf khane ki hi padi hai! " Sarla said.

"Bilkul Sarla Ji. " Daadi said complied to Sarla's words. "Sonu ko dekhiye, Rhea ko dekhiye. Kitne fit hai! Aur yeh Ishqi! Isse toh dekha fula hua baloon lagta hai! "

"Enough! Just stop it!" Suddenly Ahaan bursted out. "Kya ho kya gaya hai aap logon ko? Kabse Ishqi ko body shaming kiye jaa rahe hai! Har ek insaan ki body, uski soch, uski personality alag hoti hai and we should respect that. And on top of that, aaj Sangeet hai! Aap log enjoy karne ke wajah, naach, gaane ke wajah Ishqi ke piche padhe ho! Kam se kam aaj ke din toh koi tamasha mat khada kijiye! "

Everyone stood still. No one could utter a single word. Pin drop silence grasped the Sangeet atmosphere and all the noises that were coming from behind got stopped all at once.
No one thought that Ahaan would take such a strong stand for Ishqi.

Ishqi who was pleasantly surprised at this gesture of Ahaan's, saw him with gratitude beaming in her eyes, as if she was thanking him for supporting and standing by her.
She smiled looking at him while he smiled back at her.

Kartik, who guessed something like this would happen, was also a bit shocked because this avatar of Ahaan was more than unexpected. He smiled thinking of the Ishqi Effect that worked perfectly on Ahaan.

"Chaliye ab yeh sab chhodiye aur Sangeet shuru karte hai. " Daadi said, her face still had an expression of embarrassment.

"Chaliye toh ab shuru ki jaaye humari aaj ka kaaryakram! Sonu aur Ishqi ki Sangeet! "

Sounds of people clapping their hands made way for the Sangeet to begin.

"Toh pehla performance hai Ishqi ka! " Kartik announced.

"Nahi, nahi main pehle kaise ho sakti hoon? Pehle toh Sarla Aunty ki baari aani chahiye na! Aakhir woh dulhe ki maa hai! "

"Haan yeh baat toh sahi hai! Toh pehla performance hoga by Dulhe ki Mom, hum sab ki pyaari- Sarla Aunty! "

Sarla stood with her head up in pride. Music started and she tapped her feet to the rhythm of of the music.

While everyone was enjoying her performance, Sonu caught a glimpse of Mayank with a small packet containing some kind of powder.

She went a bit closer and heard him saying, "Bohut himmat badh gayi hai na teri? Ab dekh main tere puri family ke saamne teri kaisi beizzati karta hoon! " Mayank took a glass of juice and mixed some kind of drug of in it.