Chapter 18

You woke up to the sound of your alarm clock. You looked up, it was 5am. Today was the first day of the Interhigh tournament, and you had to take the bus with the team for Tokyo at 6:30am.

You got up, took a quick shower and finished preparing your bag. After that you got dressed casually, a pair of mom jeans and a hoodie, and went to take your breakfast.

Tendou called you to tell you he was dropping by your house, and after hugging your parents, you left.

-

You were sitting in the bus next to Tendou, your headphones in your ears. The trip lasted about four hours, and the bus eventually stopped.

You got out with the coach, the team following behind, and entered the hostel to put down your things.

You still had a few hours to rest before the first match, and since you were the only girl on the team, you had a room for yourself, which was pretty cool.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Shiratorizawa's team was playing their second match of the day, after winning their first match. You started to be more and more annoyed by all the noise, brightness and people in general in the huge gym.

It was the first time you were attending national matches, even if it was just between high schools from all around Japan, and you could be sure that you weren't a fan of this atmosphere. It was a real din.

-

You were walking back to the hostel with Tendou. They won their second match too, and all of you were exhausted from this day. But the thing is you knew the next day would be the same, so it annoyed you even more. 'I know I already took a shower today, but I really need to relax right now, so I don't care, I'm taking another one.'

You prepared your toiletries and headed in the bathroom. You got in the bath and sighed from relief. It felt so good, you could stay like that forever.

You stayed like that for a while, and decided to get back to your room, in case someone needed you. You put on some fresh clothes, dried your hair and went to help for dinner.

After everyone ate, you got back to your room, put on your pajamas and slumped on your bed. You took your phone : 1 new message. You opened it.

Oikawa Tooru ✌💙

Hey how is Tokyo ? ;)

Fine ig. I still prefer miyagi

Really why ?

I don't enjoy all the noise here...

Kay I see. Did you win your matches today ?

Yup we're playing against inarizaki tomorrow. Have you heard about them ?

I have. They're really strong

Oh... shame

You sound so insincere 🤡

What no ! I mean it...

Pfff anyway I'll let you sleep. Good night babe 😘

Babe ???
Anyway
Yeah
Good night
🙄
read

•••

You smiled at your screen and looked at the time. It was already 10pm. Knowing you had to wake up early the next day too, you decided to put down your phone and go to sleep.

-

Today again, you woke up to the sound of your alarm clock, and started the routine. You washed your face, brushed your teeth, got dressed with the purple team's tracksuit and went to wake up the boys.

You knocked on the door. Nobody responded, so you opened it and got in. All the boys were sleeping peacefully, some of them in weird positions.

"Time to get up !" you shouted. Some of them groaned, but they all kept their eyes closed.

You sighed. "Seriously...". You passed near all these sleeping beauties and opened the shutters. The sun's rays flooded the room with light. This time, all of them started groaning or yelling while covering their eyes, which made you laugh, and a few minutes later they were standing in line in front of the bathroom.

While they were washing themselves, you went in the kitchen to help with breakfast, and after eating, you prepared yourselves for today's match.

-

You were in front of the same gymnasium as the previous day. You arrived early today, so the team could train properly before their match. The coach seemed to be aware of their opponents' level because he looked more stressed than usual.

Once inside, you left the players change into their jerseys and shorts and just wandered around in the building. You were on your phone, walking with your head down, when you bumped into someone.

You looked up and saw a tall guy, with dark brown hair and little yellow green eyes, who was probably also looking at his phone. 'A fox.' you thought.

"Sorry." you said, and as you were about to resume your way, you noticed his jersey. "Wait, are you from Inarizaki ?" you asked.

"Yeah... why ?" he answered with a stoic face.

"Oh, I'm from Shiratorizawa, we're playing against your team in... thirty minutes I guess ?"

His eyes widened a bit. "Ah okay. Suna Rintarou, nice to meet you."

"Y/n L/n, nice to meet you too." you gave him a tiny smile. "Well, see you in a bit."

"Yeah..."

You left, going the opposite way than him.

-

You sat on the bench, a bit far from the coach. The referee whistled and the match started. As yesterday, the supporters and commentators were too noisy, but you tried to ignore it as much as you could and concentrate on the game.

You were also looking at that Suna guy. He was a middle blocker, so he was often facing Tendou, and you always saw them glaring defiantly at each other, which made you laugh.

After a few minutes, Suna noticed you on the bench and his eyebrows furrowed a bit, but before he could do anything, he had to focus back on the match and block Shiratorizawa's attacks.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The referee whistled the end of the match. Shiratorizawa had lost against Inarizaki. You got up and handed their bottles to the regretful players, and the team left the field with the coach. The journalists were ready to photograph every reaction, so while the players were changing, you slipped away to a discreet place in the building and texted Oikawa to tell him that you were coming back earlier than you thought.

_________________________

End of the chapter !! Hope you liked it :)

(1058 words)

😘 Love