Chapter 6

I wanted to thank Iluvmusic99 for giving me the insperation to continue writing this story.

~Previously~

“What would you do if Deak took over forever?” Lavi asked once they parted and Nyssa frowned.

“But he won’t, right?” Nyssa asked and Lavi looked sadly at her.

“It will… I’m sorry Nyssa.” Lavi told the girl who frowned even more and shook her head.

“No can’t be… How can you say that with certainty?!” Nyssa eyes started to water up and Lavi smiled sadly.

“Because this is Deak’s body.”

~~~~~~

 “How can that be? Your brother’s body was burned in the fire. You told me that yourself.” Nyssa argued and Lavi sighed and decided to explain it to her.

“But don’t you remember how I also said how wood impaled my brother’s right eye and how Bookman found Innocence that reacted to my brother.” Lavi asked and Nyssa nodded.

“Well it didn’t happen by chance that my right eye has Innocence. The Innocence fused with my brother’s eye to save his life and controlled the fire to not burn him. Just like how I controlled the fire when we escaped.” Lavi explained and Nyssa frowned again.

“Then if that was the case… The question would change to how did you get inside your brother’s body?” Nyssa asked for she believed Lavi. He had no reason to lie to her and she did find it odd that the red head had no scars from where the demon bit him in the stomach.

“… Don’t think I’m insane…” Lavi told Nyssa who laughed at that.

“Lavi, if D. Gray Man is real then nothing can be insane.” Nyssa told the red head who smirked at that.

“Well then… I’m a real demon, but not one of the Earls demons.” Lavi told Nyssa who blinked confusedly and Lavi sighed and continued, “Like demon of the underworld. Horns and pointy tails. Those demons.” Lavi explained even more and Nyssa nodded.

“When my real body got bit by the Earls demon my demon blood reacted to it and somehow forced my soul out of my body. Nyssa, I’m possessing my brother’s body because mine died. But during the process my memories became sealed. They didn’t want me to know what I was.” Lavi told Nyssa who frowned.

“Who is they?” Nyssa asked and Lavi sighed.

“Angles. They thought by suppressing my memories I wouldn’t become a demon anymore and it worked. I was human for a very long time, but only my body was. I just can’t keep on possessing my brother’s body anymore. Deak want’s his body back and I just can’t keep that from my brother. My time ended when I was a kid.” Lavi told Nyssa who shook her head. She didn’t want Lavi to leave for he promised her that he wouldn’t during the thunderstorm.

“Then just possess someone else!” Nyssa cried and Lavi shook his head.

“You know I can’t do that to someone and it was for that reason Bookman didn’t want me to know what and who I really am. He knew I had a heart.” Lavi spoke softly and thought about how he’s going to miss this life.

“There has to be a way! Damn it, Lavi! You promised you wouldn’t leave me!” Nyssa was crying hard now and she held the red head close to her.

“Only of there was a body around with no soul and also not rotting in the ground.” Lavi laughed and Nyssa looked at him like he was a god.

“That’s it! We’ll make you a Gigais!” Nyssa smiled hopefully and Lavi frowned.