Chapter Two

Note: I'm making Nyssa arm not paralyzed, but just badly wounded...

It was around 5:45 when Nyssa woke up feel warm and safe. Her eyes were still closed and she relished the unusually warm covers. Nyssa snuggled into the warmth and her nose hit something. Confused Nyssa tried to swat it with her right arm and gasped at the pain it caused. Her eyes snapped open once her memories flooded back to her.

She saw that her nose hit Lavi's chest and she blushed wondering why Lavi was in the bed with her. She looked at her right shoulder and winced when she saw that she accidently made it bleed again. She sighed knowing now she has to wake Lavi up. Nyssa just hoped that it won't go as awkward she thinks it will.

"Lavi... Hey... Lavi wake up..." Nyssa called out to the redhead. Lavi brow scrunched up and his emerald eye blinked tiredly open and then widened.

"Nyssa! Oh gosh! I'm so sorr- ack!" Lavi started to say but in his surprise he fell off the bed. Nyssa looked over the bed and saw Lavi rubbing his aching back.

"You ok? That looked like it hurt..." Nyssa asked smirking at the blushing redhead. Lavi got up and saw Nyssa's bandages needed to be changed.

"Hey you mind if I change those bandages for you? I might not be Bookman but I can at least do that..." Lavi asked Nyssa and she nodded. He nodded and went to one of the cabinets across the room and got a new roll of bandages and some rubbing alcohol. He then pulled up the chair he sat in the previous night.

Careful to not mess up the bandages around her chest Lavi unwrapped just the bandages around Nyssa's shoulder. He tried to not outwardly cringe at the damage on Nyssa's shoulder. The whole shoulder was a purplish-grey and the outline of damaged veins were spread out all over her shoulder.

Lavi remembered hearing that a whole group of lasers almost hit both Nyssa and Allen and winced at the thought that if they were hit both would of have died. Lavi thought about how Tyki has grown strong since the last time they fought and thought about the time in the Ark when he was in Roads dream. He quickly squashed down the train of thought for he didn't want him to wake up.

"There we go! All finished!" Lavi tried to cheer Nyssa and himself up and she smiled and thanked him.

"So why were in the bed with me...?" Nyssa asked tilting her head slightly and Lavi slightly blushed at the memory of him kissing her. He mentally slapped himself for doing something so stupid and now he had no excuse for her.

"Well I... um..." Lavi tried to think of something but his mind came up blank. For some reason he found it hard to lie to Nyssa and he swallowed nervously.

"Well I guess it doesn't matter... I'm sure you have your reasons but putting that aside... Are you hungry Lavi?" Nyssa asked for she herself was hungry and Lavi nodded.

"You up to go get some food?" Lavi asked and helped Nyssa up once she nodded. He helped her put her arm in a sling before they walked together down the empty hallways. Nyssa looked around her in awe. She knew the Black Order was big but not this big and Lavi chuckled seeing her in awe.

"The anime doesn't do it justice does it?" Lavi asked Nyssa who shook her head and smiled brightly at the 18 year old. In turn Lavi turned his head with pink dusting his cheek and scratched the back of his neck.

"So how much of the anime is factual?" Nyssa asked and Lavi blinked at this.

"Well... Most of it actually happened but it's just over exaggerated. Um... Oh! Like Sir Komlin! Komui does have Sir Komlin, but he's smaller and doesn't do as much damage... yet that robot is still annoying as hell..." Lavi sighed thinking about the times the robot has interrupted him reading in the library. Nyssa chuckled at the red head's despair and the pair soon found themselves at the dining room.