Chapter 4: The Roses

Daisy had honestly enjoyed Milo's company. It's like she had her brother Marcus again. Milo was always drawing things, and she had to admit... For his age, he was pretty good at making realistic looking dragons. One morning, she sat at the table drinking tea and he sat there drinking orange juice. "Hey Daisy... Can... You keep a secret?" Milo asked as he slightly cleared his throat. "Sure, Milo. " She smiled. He blushed as he then said, "So there's this girl. Her name is Sariah, and she really wants to come visit on my birthday, is it alright?" Daisy smirked.

"Is she your girlfriend?" She laughed and he blushed more. "No! She's just my friend!" He squeaked. Daisy laughed and then she looked at him and sighed, "You know, it's ok to admit when you like someone. If you like her, then that means you have special feelings for her." Milo looked at his cup of juice and blushed a tiny bit more. "Do... You think she would like me?" He asked. She smiled and said, "I know for a fact she would, and if she doesn't, then she doesn't see the sweet boy you are." She pat his head. "C'mon, I got to take you to school. Today is the day before winter break." After she took him to school, she walked home. When she arrived and closed the door behind her, she saw Poppy standing there with a bouquet of roses. The roses were a pretty pink. "Oh, you're back!" She smiled.

He didn't say a word and he was blushing an awful lot. "T-These are f-for you...." He handed them to her and she blushed. "Miss Evangeline... You've been nothing but kind to us, and this entire time, even while I was gone, I couldn't help but feel my heart beat for you, and the thought of you always in my head. I don't think there was a day since I've met you that I haven't thought of you. I guess what I'm trying to is..." He grabbed her hand and held it lovingly and she blushed a little more. "Daisy Evangeline Wax, I'm in love with you." She stared at him but he then turned pale thinking she didn't want to hear that, but he saw her smile. Her smile made him blush again and Daisy kissed him, and at first he was surprised but he then melted into the kiss, his arms wrapped around her waist, and as she dropped the bouquet her hands were on his chest and she could feel his heart beat rapidly.

"I love you, Daisy..." He smiled and she smiled too. "I love you too, Poppy."

Milo walked in through the door. "Hey, Daisy, I wanted to bring Sariah over, I hope that was ok?" Milo said as he held Sariah's hand. Daisy and Poppy were sitting on the rug near the fire place and they kissed, but stopped when they heard Milo. Both went pale and Sariah broke the silence. "Your brother is a pirate?" She asked. Milo just turned to face her. "Is that a problem?! Are you gonna make fun of me now?!" He ran to his room and slam the door, she was just left in shock. Daisy got up and walked to her. "Did I say something wrong?" Sariah asked quietly. "No you didn't dear, Milo is just scared that you'll judge him. You're his only friend right?" Daisy asked and she nodded. "Yup... He thought you would judge."

"Hey... You're the daughter of Mr. Wax!" She smiled and Daisy sat her down. "Listen, you can't tell anyone I'm here. If my father finds out I'm with a pirate, he would hurt Poppy and Milo... You won't want Milo to be hurt do you?" Sariah shook her head. Milo was next to Poppy and they walked to Sariah and Daisy. "I'm sorry I yelled at you..." Milo said and stuffed his hands in his pockets. He looked so upset and he was. He felt so ashamed and guilty for yelling at her. However, she smiled and hugged him. "It's ok, I forgive you, Milo." She smiled and he hugged her back. "Aww! So cute!" Daisy squealed. The two kids went to go play outside. Daisy made dinner and Poppy helped her. He had an idea and he started to smirk and when she put the lid on the pot, she looked up at him. "Poppy, why are you smirking like that?" He held up a dirty dish rag. "Nothin'.... Just wanna see if you're like those fancy people who hate filthy things..." He threw the rag at her but she dodged and she caught it before she threw it into the sink. "Well, I'm with you aren't I?" She smirked and with that an evil menacing grin smeared across his face, he held his hands out. "Poppy! No! Stop! I know what you're doing! Don't you dare! I'm very ticklish! You're scaring me!" She said as she put a chair in front of her, thinking that would stop him.