Chapter 5: One More Chance

Milo was walking home and Sariah had left home a little bit earlier. Sariah walked around when she saw a cloaked figure up against a tree. She walked closer. The person heard her and when they saw her, she gasped. "Hahaha, hello... Sariah." He had smiled before frowning when he addressed her. She backed away. Christian immediately appeared in front of the two. "Jay, leave." He said and Sariah hid behind Christian. "Christian, I wanna go home... Who is that? Is he gonna hurt me?" Jay's heart pounded in his ears, his blood began to boil and he looked at Christian. "You... You didn't erase her memory... You altered it. How else could she have possibly remembered you?!" Jay yelled and Sariah started to cry. Jay smiled and began to walk towards her and he grabbed Christian and threw him into a tree. Sariah trembled and Jay grabbed her by her dress collar. "No need to be scared... I'm gonna make sure, you remember... Even if I have to alter your old and new memories... You will remember me Sariah. Starting now, so come with me-"

  "NO! YOU'RE A MONSTER! I HATE YOU!" Sariah screamed through her tears. "I WILL NEVER REMEMBER AN AWFUL MONSTER LIKE YOU!" Jay was a bit hurt by her words. Christian waved his hand over Sariah and Jay. Sariah passed out. Jay tried to lift her, but she passed right through his hands. Milo came running when he saw her on the ground. "SARIAH!" Milo panicked and picked her up. Sariah woke up and looked around but didn't see Jay or Christian. "Was a dream?" She asked softly. Milo sighed with relief. "C'mon, I'll walk you home." Milo said and held her hand and they walked off. "What did you do!?" Jay yelled at Christian. 

"I temporarily covered their spirit sight. She, nor Milo, could see me or you... I thought I told you to stay away from her. She can't remember you, Jay. Accept that she's gone." Christian said but he starts to notice Jay was crying. Christian tilted his head and he saw Jay was sniffling, and was pouring tears. "The Lord says, it's ok to feel. Just cry, Jay... It's ok to cry." Jay was about to sob and cry like he never had in his life but he didn't want to give in and Jay starts laughing. He starts to laugh hysterically. Christian put a hand on his shoulder. Jay moved away from him and smiled at Christian eerily. "You angels think you're always doing good, when you're actually causing harm." Jay seethed and then he ran off.

Milo walked Sariah home. Before she walked to the door, he pulled her to the side. "You're positive nothing happened?" He asked and she nodded. He gave her a hug. "I just want you to know that I would never let anything happen to you. Do you understand?" She smiled a bit and nodded. He pulled away and smiled at her before walking away to go home.

Sariah walked into her home and she called for her mother, only to find her mother had been turned to stone and crumbled to dust. Sariah screamed and cried as she tried to put her mother back together but the dust crumbled more. "MOM!" She cried and tears fall from her eyes. "Awful... Isn't it?" She looked up and gasped when she saw Jay standing there smiling. "Now... I'll only ask you one more time... If you don't come willingly, I'll do it by force. Come with me, we can be friends forever, Sariah." He held his hand out. Sariah stood up, something in her triggered when he had his hand held out. She began to remember him. "J-Jay...?" He stopped and smiled. "Yes, it's me... YOU REMEMBER!" He smiled and wanted to hug her but she backed away and looked at her mother's stone remains. 

 "Get... Out...." She glared at him. He stopped smiling. "Sariah, that is no way to treat your best friend." He said and she ran to the kitchen. He followed her and found her with a knife hand and Jay looked at her, surprised she aimed the blade at him. "Leave me alone! Go away! Or I'll make sure you don't leave alive." She said and Jay wasn't having it. He ran to her and tried to take the knife away but she pulled it back. She then heard a squelching sound and she looked at her hands. They were covered in blood. She looked up and saw Jay, he backed into a wall and looked down. He saw the knife in his stomach and he was bleeding. "Jay... " She whimpered and held her hand over her mouth as tears streamed down her eyes. "I'm sorry..." She ran out of the kitchen and ran out of the house. Jay's vision began to blur and he fell.