Chapter 2: Everything Hurts

Daisy and Poppy walk towards the beach. He put Milo down. "Milo, go find me five pink sea shells, can you do that?" Milo nodded and went a bit far but no too far to go start digging. Poppy then looked back at Daisy. "I'm gonna give you five minutes to explain yourself! I have enemies and if they so much as saw or recognized my brother, they would've used him as leverage to try and hold him for ransom!" He said as he glared at her. She didn't know what made her think it was ok to do her next action, but she felt the right. She swung her hand and Poppy's head went to the side, he looked back at her with a red hand print on the side of his face. "Maybe they probably would leave you alone if you weren't a cheating drunk!" He went pale and she knew she struck a nerve when he looked down and his fingers twitch. "Wow... Ok. I see how it is." He scoffed before looking at her. "So... You honestly think I do what I do... For fun." He looked up at her. He glared at her. This time she knew she screwed up. "You know what... I should get going-" She was cut off when she was about to walk away but he gripped her arm and she yelped in pain. Just how strong was he?! He looked almost lanky and yet he was extremely strong! She felt the circulation to her forearm being cut off. She teared up from the pain. "You wanted to open Pandora's box, lass? Well.." He smiled almost crazed as his eye twitched. "You just did." He said as he threw her onto a rock and she was scared, she looked up at him.

"I've suffered, begged and murdered to get where I am! And I'm not gonna let some WENCH tell me off!" He seethed. "I-I wasn't trying to do that! "She protested, but he didn't listen and continued. "I lost my mother not to long ago, Milo had just turned three. I'm not abandoning my brother so he could be off with someone like you, a rich pony, so he could be an arrogant and obnoxious snob, like you! I cheat and steal so that I'm able to take care of my brother, so that he doesn't get taken or sold to other pirates and becomes their toy! I love my brother to death, and I would die before I let anyone harm my little brother! I promised my mother I would look after him, cause our father was shit! So how about you shut your mouth, cause clearly you have no idea what it's like to be in my position!" He pulled out a knife. "Now... Give me one good reason why I shouldn't slaughter you where you sit, after hitting me and bitching about what I do?!" Daisy didn't say a word, and Milo was walking back with a few seashells in hand. He gave Poppy the five pink ones and gave Daisy a purple shell, but when Milo saw Poppy with a knife, he held onto Daisy's arm. "No!" Milo said as he looked at Poppy with tears in his eyes. "I think you have part of your answer." She said as she held her now bruised arm. Milo nuzzled into Daisy's arm. Poppy gritted his teeth and put the knife away.

"I'll stay out of your way." She got up. Daisy pat Milo's little head and walked away. She couldn't help but feel guilt the entire way home. Mary stood at the front gate, when she saw her, Mary ran to her. "Daisy! Where were you?! You practically ditched me!" Daisy looked up at her and started to burst into tears. Mary knew something was wrong. "C'mon... Let's go inside." She took Daisy by the hand and led her into the manor. Daisy told Mary everything that happened. Mary was shocked, and she told Daisy to never meet up with him ever again as she tended to Daisy's arm. Daisy nods as she sat there feeling awful in and out.

A week later

Daisy sat with Lydia and Mary at the bar and Daisy honestly cared for Lydia like a sister, which was why she was analyzing and observing Schot. She just wanted to make sure he wouldn't break Lydia's heart. "Daisy!" Daisy's eyes widen when she heard Poppy's voice. She hid behind Schot and Lydia. "Don't let him see me!" She whispered to the two. "Oh boy... Do I got to go deal with him?" Lydia asked. Daisy shook her head. Poppy came up to the table. "Daisy, I can smell your perfume, I know you're here." Mary and Lydia cringe. "Ew... Mate... That's.... That's just wrong." Schot said and Poppy just blinked before his cheeks flush red. "Not like that! Her perfume is just very distinguishable! Anyway, I wasn't addressing you! Daisy, look I really need your-...." He sniffed the air. "She went out the back door didn't she?" He said with an unamused look.