Chapter eight

Hey guys! I updated! Right now its 12:35 am (which is night) so I'm not going to edit this right now. There will be A LOT OF MISTAKES!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Do I have wrinkles and a bunch of kids? Nope! So I am not Rick Riordan, therefore I don't own this; the characters; the plot; the settings; and the blah blah blah

Piper POV

~flashback~

"So do you want your only allies to starve?" Annabeth.

"No, I'm just saying that you can't expect us to give away all our food!" Jason.

"And since when are the Greeks our only allies?" Octavian. WAIT! JASON??

"Jason! I thought you were on our side," Piper cried. How dare he? Jason looked from Piper to Octavian to Annabeth, then looked back to Piper because Annabeth's glare was quite scary.

"I'm sorry guys, can we please just calm down?" Annabeth huffed at Jason's words and crossed her arms. "You can eat with us and we can share food, it's just that the gods don't supply us with food like they do at Camp Halfblood. We have to produce everything ourselves."

"How come I never knew this?" demanded Percy. "Now I feel stupid."

"That's because you are quite stupid, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth laughed softly and touched his arm. Piper knew that Annabeth was joking and just trying to settle the atmosphere but the Romans didn't seem to realize that.

"Stupid? Stupid? How dare you call our praetor stupid?"

"I'm not the praetor!"

"Oh, Percy..." Annabeth groaned. But Piper would've said the same thing if she were in Percy's place. He and Jason were supposed to be co-leaders on their quest, but could they be co-praetors? Percy, Jason and Reyna - it didn't seem likely. Percy had announced that he was he was "firing himself", and Reyna wasn't very happy about that. But now Piper was thinking of Reyna and her fists clenched, and coincidently, at that moment, Reyna spotted the fight.

"Octavian! Percy! Stand down." Reyna eyed the Greeks warily, though her eyes skipped past Jason.

"But I wasn't-"

"Hush, Percy. Octavian this is not your fight. You should be spending your time seeking answers from the gods, not bickering with the Greeks." Piper tried not to sneer at the girl barking orders at her friends. She couldn't believe she had once felt mercy for Reyna. What had Jason seen in this girl?

The group headed back to the ship, grumbling about rationing bacon and Coke.

"Wait, Percy-wait!" A redheaded girl was sprinting to catch up with Percy, her flaming locks flew behind her. She panted as she pushed her hair behind her ears.

"Percy! Where's Octavian?"

"Octavian?" Percy's nose crinkled. "Oh! Are you trying to avoid him? That would make sense."

"No, Percy, gosh! I need to find him! Oh, don't look so confused. He knows about prophecies and I think I might be- oh - OH!" Rachel fell back and Annabeth swiftly caught her just as two other boys ran forward to help pick her back up. Green smoke began to twist and twirl out of Rachel's mouth. Her eyes seemed to fade away and return, just as green as the smoke. Piper stepped back, wide eyed - she'd seen this before, during her first night at Camp Halfblood but it still freaked her out. Rachel closed her mouth, then opened again, this time words spilling out as well as smoke.

"The seven shall sail to the sacred lands across water,

The trust between their bonds shall fail more than only falter." Piper looked around anxiously.

"The storm and the waves will rage on the solstice days,

Only to witness the rebirth of the maze.

The children of death shall cross paths,

But both shan't escape an old enemy's wrath.

Beware of the lord of earth,

And it's child's curse." Behind her, Hazel sputtered. Did she recognize that line from somewhere?

"Wisdoms daughter walks alone,

Mark of Athena burns through Rome." Annabeth gasped and covered her mouth with her hands.

"The son of Neptune shall determine her fate,

His loyalty shall overshadow all else at stake." Rachel stood up and her helpers let her go, but she collapsed within seconds.

"Percy, oh Styx, forgot to tell you! The Mark of Athena-"

Piper heard a loud Ahem! behind her and turned to see a fuming Octavian.

"What is the meaning of this?"