Chapter 3: Idolship

Kinoko had always been fascinated with idols. Each one she worshiped was unique in their own ways. She wanted to be just like them. Her mothers would watch her dance in front of the tv for hours on end, twirling in poofy dresses covered in ribbons and lace. She would practice her favourite songs and act out like she was a Broadway star. She was fascinated with idols, quite enough that she wanted to be one herself. She would practice her skills in the dorms, everyone watching and questioning her odd choices. All but one. Her crush admired her determination.

                                            ...

"Komori! Get back up!"
Vlad screamed from the sidelines. But she doesn't. Out of all students in the hero program, every student possible, Kinoko Komori got paired with an angry Pomeranian.

"That all you got?"
Katsuki Bakugou screamed at her. She knew she stood no chance in the first place. He was first place in the sports festival, and a major powerhouse. The girl crooked her neck to the sides where her friends stood. Pony, of course, was cheering for her.

"You can do it Komori!!" The horned blonde hollered. She held up a makeshift sign that had her name written on it, covered in little mushroom doodles. Komori grinned, and stood her ground. Katsuki turned around and crossed his arms.

"Well you want more?"
He asked. She simply nodded and threw a punch to his gut, which he was not expecting at all.

"I..I got a hit!!" The brunette cheered, as well as her classmates. But Bakugou wasn't done yet. He grabbed her by the collar of her gym uniform and set off an explosion, scarring the poor girl's face with chemical burns.

"Bakugou. You are disqualified for using your quirk."
Class 1-A's teacher, Shota Aizawa, or known as Eraserhead, called out. Katsuki tsked, and threw his hands in his pockets, mumbling about how he clearly won and how he wouldn't need to fight without his quirk.

"Komori!!"
Pony screamed. She dashed down from the bleachers to see her friend. Pony knelt down beside her, laying Kinoko's head on her lap.

"Tsunotori. Please take her to recovery girl."
Vlad asked. Pony nodded and lifted her friend up, helping her walk to the school's nurse.

                                          ...

Two students lay in the recovery room. Kinoko Komori and Fumikage Tokoyami. Both injured by the angry-aggressive kids in each other's class. Both lay in silence, until Dark Shadow emerged.

"Wowie. I never thought your beak would ever get busted so badly."
The shadow exclaimed.

"Dark Shadow."
Tokoyami replied.
"I don't have time for your teasing."

There was a knock at the door. Both teens looked up. Then pro hero Hawks emerged.

"Ayooooo! Heard your beak got busted, Tsukuyomi."
Hawks chucked. Tokoyami rolled his eyes.

"That's exactly what I said!!"
Dark shadow shouted. Komori stayed silent, in awe that her favourite hero was standing a few feet away from her bed. Her bangs flopped to the side as she sat up. Tokoyami and Hawks engaged in conversation until the girl broke the silence.

"You are.."
She stuttered.

"Hawks. Pleasure to meet you little lady."
Hawks winked and gave her the finger guns. Tokoyami groaned. Not only was his mentor here on school property, probably here to embarrass him, but he was probably only visiting to get off of work.

Komori didn't say anything else. She just stared at her idol in appreciation. He wasn't an idol hero. But he was her idol. Hawks broke the awkwardly silence and Kinoko snapped out of her glare.

"You know, it must be difficult to see with your hair in your face like that all the time."
Hawks coughed. Then he turned back to his fellow bird companion and continued their previous conversation.

Hard to see. She wouldn't admit it, but her hair was like a mask. Something she could hide behind. Maybe it was time for a change. Just maybe.

~ADMIN NOTE!!!: I decided to post every Friday so keep watching!! Time will vary each week, since I'm a busy student. But I hope you are enjoying this so far! If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to comment or dm my discord, @✨Sero Supremacy✨ #6193. And if you would like to contribute, I will give credit so don't worry! Right now I'll need to either make or find someone to make a proper cover. But whatever. I hope you are having a shroomtastic day!!~