Chapter 1

May, 1989:

Sirius felt betrayed. Two hours back in London and bloody James Potter couldn't stop talking about Lily Evans. This was weird. Sirius remembered clearly when his best friend said "I'll never get married. Who needs love when I got you and Football"?

Traitor.

Sirius thought that going to Paris with his uncle Alphard would be the best experience. A year was all Sirius needed to realize his home was were James was. Sure, Sirius had met many gorgeous Parisians. Sirius had had the time of his life, partying all night, sleeping all day. And with the nasty influence of his uncle, Sirius had free will to be a naughty boy. If Walburga were to find out his eldest son waisted a year of French Education in party, sex and drugs; she would go absolutely mental. But Sirius had had enough. He had missed James like a lunatic, but apparently James hadn't missed him that much.

Lily Best Friend Stealer Evans was all James cared about now.

"I can't believe you replace me"

Sirius said making a pout. He looked like an absolute cool Rockstar with his black shades, black nail polish and tons and tons of jewelry. Hair flew with the wind as James drove them home.

James laughed. That kind of laughter he only used when he was really happy.

"I think I want to marry her Pads" James rubbed his hair.

Sirius simply sighed "You changed"

"Anyway, what is that look?"

"Parisian fashion!"

"You're the one who changed Padfoot"

Padfoot was the nickname James had given him. His name literally meant Black Dog Star. The legend of Padfoot, a black dog demonic entity found primarily in the folklore of the British Isles. James' favorite. Sirius decided to call him Prongs because after watching Bambi for the first time, James cried saying "I don't care what anyone says, I'm gonna adopt Bambi". Prongs was an evolution of "Papa Bambi".

James. That cheesy bastard was blushing. Sirius looked at him.

"You mean that?" Sirius asked "You want to marry her?"

James sighed "I mean that"

Sirius swallowed "Fuck. I've lost my best friend"

James simply laughed. What a tosser.

"Just wait until you meet her Pads"

******************************************

Sirius met Lily and he was disappointed. He had tried to find a flaw, something horrible, a deep dark secret that could make James unfall in love with her and be back to be his best friend. But Lily was perfect. That girl was beautiful, smart, a badass. She was perfect for James. She controlled him, made him better, more mature. And damn, the way James looked at her was out of this planet. Sirius couldn't ruin that.

Lily finally won Sirius over thanks to karaoke night. Sirius and Lily bonded over ABBA, Journey, Whitney Houston. And also, after four glasses of vodka and two shots of tequila.

Sirius also met Lily's best friend. A bloke named Remus Lupin. Sirius almost laughed when they were introduced. He seemed that kind of nerd who dressed up like a librarian. He had a terrible posture; he was incredibly tall. And boring as fuck. Sirius tried not to pay him much attention.

The important thing was that Sirius had missed getting drunk and having fun with James. They partied for a long time.

They decided to walk home, nearly at 5 in the morning, to sober up. James and Sirius were singing at the top of their lungs "DON'T STOP ME NOW" and Sirius thought how much he missed James, how much Sirius needed James.