Chapter 19

In the last six weeks, Elton was pretty sure he had developed some sort of trauma associated with his email, which was pretty goddamn inconvenient considering that a lot of his job came through his email.  He was trying to go about his normal life, but every time he heard his email go off, his heart rate spiked, his breathing shallowed and quickened, and anxiety seized his chest cavity. 

He always expected it to be an email from them.

The emails weren't quite daily, but were mostly.  Usually a single line, usually a taunt, sometimes an obscene picture of his brothers, sometimes a threat of what they were going to do to him when they came for him. 

Because they promised him that he wouldn't get away with helping Sam and Colby escape.

The police knew of course, but there was fuck all they could do.  They couldn't locate the people who had take Sam and Colby by any means yet, and Elton was worried that everyone was getting a little too lax.  He seemed to be the only person still being directly affected by them.

Other than Sam and Colby that was.  He knew those two were still working through enough trauma to last a lifetime.  Elton hoped that with the Kat situation resolved, things would get easier. 

Colby already seemed better. 

His phone buzzed in his pocket, and it was with dread heavy in his stomach that he picked it up to see an email from an unknown series of letters and numbers.

You should be watching your twitter, Elton Castee.

Elton's heart sank.  God, what could they have possibly done?  He immediately clicked to his twitter page, checking to make sure that everything was as it should be. 

He saw the problem almost instantly. 

His most recent tweet; ambiguous enough to his followers, but Elton knew that he hadn't posted this one. 

    Elton Castee @EltonCastee

    Soon.

OOO

They were in bed together, just cuddling in boxers after sleeping in one morning when Colby asked,

"Can I try blowing you?"

Colby's timing was deliberate, voicing the question just as Sam had lifted his glass to his lips.  Sam inhaled his water, choking and breaking into a coughing fit.  Colby chuckled, patting his back while Sam hacked the liquid out of his trachea.  He wiped his mouth, glaring halfheartedly at Colby.  "You did that on purpose, you asshole." 

Colby shrugged, still grinning, "I wanted to see what would happen." 

"I hate you."

"Love you too," Colby chirped. 

Sam grumbled, setting his drink down and leaning back into Colby's chest.  Colby wrapped him up in his arms, kissing the top of his head.  They were both shirtless, and Colby drank in the warmth from the skin on skin contact with his boyfriend. 

It had been almost two months since Sam and Colby had been rescued from their own hell on Earth.  And for the most part, things were back to normal.  Sam and Colby were both back to posting weekly on their channels, daily on their various social media platforms.  Neither of them had addressed anything that had happened with their communities, but the fans seemed content to let that be, just happy that their boys were back and healthy and (at least for the camera) happy. 

And Colby... was happy.  Honestly.  The trauma that had lingered from their captivity lingered, but less and less Colby felt it's effects.  The nightmares were still there, but they were much less frequent, and much less violent.  Being around people wasn't really a problem anymore, Colby learning strategies that he needed to keep himself from losing it in front of people at unexpected contact.  Anything too... trapping, was still a problem, but the only person who had that much prolonged and intimate contact with him was Sam, and Sam had gotten really good at knowing Colby's limits and body language before even he did.