Chapter 17

Somewhere in Sector S09, M4A1 was running in the snowed mountains. She has a camouflage blanket to blend in with her surroundings. She then spots an S.F Scout flying overhead as she hid behind a tree. She aims her rifle before pulling the trigger, firing a bullet that strikes the drone, causing it to fall. Thankfully, she has a suppressor on, so she wouldn't attract any attention. 

Approaching the down Scout, M4A1 rips something from it and puts it in her satchel before walking back to the house. She notices that it was getting dark as the moon ascends in the sky while the sunsets. 

Meanwhile, in the house, Reaver was checking a report he got from Kalina about his echelon's process on the communication outpost. He then heard a door opening, causing him to look to see M4A1 entering.

Reaver: Welcome back.

M4A1: Thanks.

Leaning down on the wall, M4A1 lets out a sigh.

Reaver: Tired? 

M4A1 shook her head.

M4A1: Just thinking about tomorrow. 

Reaver: I could tell. Best that you rest for now. Despite both of us being T-Dolls, we're human as well. We share the same mutual feelings, but operate different yet connect to one another.

M4A1: But...

Reaver: Sure, we were created by humans. We were supposed to be treated as weapons for war, but we still have the sense of freedom. Think about it and get some rest. I'll take point.

M4A1: Got it. I'll contact Persica.

Reaver: Heh, tell her that she still owns me.

M4A1: Wait, you know her?

Reaver: Oui, she was a friend of Henriette Meyrin, my creator.   

Surprised, M4A1 contacted Persica. It was a risk, but she has to take it to ensure that the plan will work.

Persica: Don't worry M4, the S09 commander has already mounted a rescue operation codename Sugarcube. And Reaver, I hope you can protect M4A1 for the time being, that's all.

Reaver: You still owe me.

Persica: Hmm, I'll think about it later...

Persica lazily said, ticking Reaver off. 

Reaver: Why you-!

However, the call ended, causing Reaver to let out a annoyed sigh. M4A1 pats him on the back as Fudo appears. 

Reaver: I'm so going to disable her Frames once I get back.

Fudo: Is it wise master? She could probably still need them for assistance on her research. 

Reaver: Oh really? Then explain this!

Reaver then shows a picture to both Fudo and M4A1.

The picture in question is a group of Black Armory Frames dressed up as servants with a pair of cat ears on top of their heads. Fudo looks at it dumbfounded while M4A1 covers her mouth to prevent herself from laughing. 

Fudo: I forgot how much she liked cat ears...

Reaver: Yeah, and don't say to me that it's photoshop. 

Putting the picture away, Reaver heard the sound of footsteps along with M4A1. They both quickly hid behind the windows before taking a peek. What they saw was the squad M4A1 saw last time.