Chapter 8: Choking on love...and Cookies

'Did I mention that I'm in love with you,

And did I mention, there's nothing I can do,

And did I happen to say, I dream of you everyday,

So let me shout it out loud, if that's okay.'

~Descendents, Did I mention.

-

-

-

Lena:

"We have almost everything,"Lena said.

"Almost?"Louie asked as he walked into the kitchen, "what did we miss?"

Lena sighed, "look who decided to show up."

"I had detention for being smart in class, remember?"Louie said, arms crossed.

"Oh right,"Lena said.

"What are we missing?"Dewey asks.

"A tear of pure emotion."

"Does anyone here cry?!"Dewey shouts, "Perhaps Louie when he finds out he's adopted?"He asked in a normal inside voice.

"Shut up or you'll be the one crying,"Louie warns holding a baseball bat.

"Where did you get that?"Dewey asks.

"Stole it from a baseball player, duh."

Dewey backed up, "I'm not sure that's a good idea but if I know anything, you should never argue with a guy holding a bat."

"That's right,"Louie says.

"I actually have to go but I'll check up with you guys later,"Dewey says running away suspiciously.

"Where's he going?"Webby asks.

"Don't care,"Louie says, "we're on a schedule."

Lena agreed, "Ok, I need someone to go get the last ingredient while I make the cookies."

"Oh I got this,"Louie said adjusting his grab on the bat.

Lena sighed. "Webby, go with him and make sure he doesn't kill anyone."

"Way to take the fun out of everything,"Louie grumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Webby:

"Hmm, crying,"Louie thinks out loud. "We need tears, actual crying tears. You don't cry, do you?"He asks to clarify.

Webby shakes her head, "my mom is kinda obsessed with beauty, crying apparently causes wrinkles."

"Ok, ok. So we have to find someone here with something worth crying over."

"Hmm."

Then Louie started to grin like a really evil Cheshire Cat, "I got it."

"What?"She asked.

"Follow me."

Dewey:

None of his research was any good.

There's nothing in the news about a missing duckling the year he was born.

'How many times have I told you to stay out of my way when I'm evil plotting!'

'Sorry,'he rolled his eyes, which resulted in him getting slapped across the face.

'None of that attitude! You worthless Orphan, I never should've taken you in!'

Dewey shook with fear, but took a deep breath, 'he's not here,'He told himself, 'he doesn't know.'