Chapter 9

Mike, Carrie, Zack, and I had a really yummy, fun dinner. Mike and I ate regular burgars, while Carrie had a veggie burger and Zack had baby food. We talked and laughed while we ate and I tried to forget that this was my last night, but it kept popping back into my head. When we were all finished, we headed to the living room.

        "I think I know what we can do." Mike said.

        "What's that?" Carrie laughed.

        "It's a surprise." Mike winked and laughed. "Close your eyes and I'll get it set up."

        Carrie and I did as we were told and waited for Mike to tell us to open our eyes.

        "Okay, you can open now." He finally said.

        We opened our eyes and saw that the Xbox Kinect was turned on and the game Kinect Sports was in. I have never played it but all of my friends from back home said it was really fun. 

        "Oh gosh...Mike you know I stink at this!" Carrie laughed. 

        "I know that's why I put it in. I figured watching you try to play soccer will make us all laugh." Mike winked at me and kept laughing. I was laughing so hard right now. Watching them have fun like this made me want to stay even more.

        "Oh stop it! You know you're just jealous of my sick moves!" Carrie said as she playfully shoved him.

        "How about you go first Grace." Mike said as he set up Beach Volleyball. 

        "Uh oh. I don't know how to play." I said while laughing. Luckily, I used to play volleyball so maybe this would be easy for me.

        "It's easy, just act like it's regular volleyball, but without a ball." Mike said.

        The game started and I started to spike the ball but fell. Mike and Carrie both jumped up to make sure I was okay, but I was laughing to hard to tell them I was. Right when they saw I was laughing, they joined in. They helped me up and I tried to play again but we were all laughing to hard. My game finally finished and it was Carrie's turn. Mike set up soccer even after Carrie begging him not to. I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt before she even started. 

        "Okay, so the funniest part is her yelling at the game, just listen." Mike whispered to me when Carrie stood up.

        "I'm going to win this one!" Carrie said while her team ran out onto the field. 

        "You always say that and you always lose." Mike laughed.

        "Whatever Fisher." Carrie laughed, too.      

        The game referee blew the whistle and Carrie got the ball. "Come on little guy, run down the field! No not that way! No don't run into him! Get back up and use your little legs to get that ball back!" She screamed at the TV.

        I fell on the floor from laughing so hard. She was talking to her players like that the whole game and I could not stop laughing. We all played another game before collapsing on the couch, exhausted. This was the most fun I've had in forever. I really, really don't want to leave them tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Sorry I haven't updated a lot, I've been really busy and stressed with school and all my sports. I'm trying to update as much as I can. Thanks for reading and remember to vote, comment, and follow!