PLEASE NO SHAADI!

"Mother! Where is my blazar and suit? I have a meeting with Abbu at 8 am sharp." Said a very irritated Aleem as he stormed out from his bedroom down to the kitchen where Ashifa was making his favourite lamb keema parathas.

"Aleeem Puttar kab bara hoga, hain? You are 26 years old and yet you don't organise your own clothes. Kya sarey kaam apni biwi sey karaye ga?"

"Arey Ammi I woke up late an u know how dad is with timing! If he wants someone at PET at 8 am it means 8 am sharp. Urghh I'm suffering from a migraine."

"Oh and please don't talk about marriage with me. You know very well what my views on that are." Aleem said with a grunt.

"And you should also know how stubborn your father is. He is not going to take the backseat on PET and allow you to make all decisions until you take some responsibility. And puttar by that we mean shaadi."

Aleem grumled as he suffered from a severe hangover no thanks to his idiotic cousins who made him drink a bit too much. He knows that his mother does not yet know anything of his drinking because if she did then it would make her feel all the more disappointed in him. He was all kinds of messed up He just does not even want to talk about shaadi to his mother.

"Aleem beta you know you've got to stop with all your partying habits. It's Haram. Why are you hurting yourself and others. Beta tera ki hoga jab teri dhulhan aaye gi?"

"Oye Ammi bas karo and please jaldi se give me the delicious keema paratha to me. Bahut bhook lagi hai. Please don't eat my brain...ok!"

With this Aleem sat down grudgingly and hastingly began eating his paratha. After which he digged the drawers for aspirin to alleviate his hangover which he gulped down with a glass of orange juice. Aleem woke up every morning with no peace in his mind, body or soul. It's like his body was working on autopilot and it hurted Ashifa to think that he no longer took care of himself. He drinks and parties at the most expensive clubs, has access to the prettiest models in the world that he wants. Yet Ashifa knew that all these haram kaam were only going to lead to Aleem's downfall. But alas! What could she do? She can only pray that getting married will make him realise his responsibilities and what life actually is.

Ashifa looked at his son with pity and remorse. Every morning she sees him like this pretending that everything is fine... ...he is fine...yet it is not. He can hide his pain to the world but not to his mother. Nothing ever remains hidden to a mother.

Aleem gets up from his seat: "Ok Ammi mai ab jaa raha hu. Take care" he says before leaving a kiss on Ashifa's cheek.

Aleem gets into his Viola Ashifa and makes his way to PET whilst listening to Asim Azhar's song "Soneya". Ky wafoo kai qissey adhoorey rahey...

Aleem could never realise why he never got loyalty from her. He gave her everything: his time, his love, his heart and in return what did he receive? Her deception, her cheating, her sleeping around. You stole my heart and in return you gave me an indescribable pain...one that cannot be alleviated by any amount of drugs or drinking. He knew how much he was hurting other people in his lives

Aleem knew drinking was haram and forbidden in Islam. But he had lost faith in God a long time ago since all that shit happened.So what's the point of following his nonsensical rules? Loyalty means nothing in today's generation...he thought. From that day on he kept everyone at a distance. He made sure to keep everyone at a distance and not become too emotionally attached with anyone. Business only. Business only. He kept on repeating this mantra in his head until he reached PET(Platinum Executive Travels).