Chapter 8: Our Date On Deck (Literally)

Cat and I reached the Eiffel Tower. The view was amazing, I got carried away for a hot second. 

"Bugaboo? You okay?"

I finally snapped out of it. "I told you not to call me that!"

"It was the only way to get you to pay attention," he said while shrugging.

"Whatever."

We were there for a while. Time flew by so fast, and it was already 8:30. 

"He should be at the deck soon." Cat Noir said.

"Can you cover for me? At 9?"

"At 9? I'm going to need you then! To fight Evillustrator!"

"Evillustrator?"

"It's his superhero name!"

"Sorry Kitty. I have things to do."

"Superhero's shouldn't have anything on priority besides saving Paris."

"I'm really sorry."

I couldn't handle it anymore, so I went away. I looked back, and I saw Cat, staring at me. I could feel the pain he was feeling, even from miles away. If only Cat knew that I was Marinette. I quickly de-transformed and went downstairs. The second I opened the door, I saw Cat Noir. Does he know who I am or something?

"So, Marinette, I need you to do something for me."

"Cat Noir? What is it?"

"I have a plan, and you need to be part of it. I thought you were the one going on a 'date' with Nathaniel."

I saw jealousy in his eyes. Does he..like me? 

"It's not really a date. I just want to see what he thinks of me."

He was mumbling to himself. I could catch a few words. Looks like he really wanted me to reject Nathanial. Who's under that mask?

"What's the plan, Kit- Cat Noir?"

"Kitty? Meh, sorry. I need you to ask him to draw something. The akuma is in his stylus. After you grab it from him, throw it to me. I will be on the bridge, which you will cross under."

"Got it!"

"Come with me!"

He grabbed me by the hips, and I held him on the shoulder. I felt him push me closer. Then he extended his stick and we went high into the sky.

"Quite roman- pretty, right?"

"Sure?"

We finally reached the bridge, but there was no Nathanial. I couldn't afford him seeing me with Cat Noir, or he'll know everything. Cat stayed on the bridge, while I made it toward the deck. There was Nathanial. 

"Marinette, my love. You are here."

"Yes Nathaniel, I am here."

I slowly sat on the boat, where he added beautiful lights and flower decorations. I know this wasn't right, but I really didn't want to make Nathaniel feel bad. 

"How are you enjoying it, Princess."

Okay, he has to stop with the cute name calling.

"I'm fine Nathaniel. You know what would be even better?"

"What my love? Anything for you."

"May I draw with your stylus?"

Right then, I hear a voice in Nathaniel's head. It sounded like...

"Hawk Moth!"

"My love?"

"Nothing. Can I please draw something?"

"Anything for you."

He handed me the pen and I threw it behind me. Then I head Cat Noir yell, 

"Great job Marinette!"

"Cat Noir? Marinette, I trusted you! How could you do this to me?"

"Sorry Nathaniel, but I like the old you better."

"But the new me is more, better, right?"

"I'm sorry Nathaniel."

I bent my head down, in shame. I know what I did felt wrong, but deep inside, I also knew it was right. Nathaniel runs away, without his pen. He didn't fight to get it back, surprisingly. But I was wrong. He came running, unexpectedly, towards Cat Noir and grabbed the pen. 

"Ah ha!"

Right then and there, he drew a glass box around me and Cat Noir. 

"We're stuck," he yelled, "get us out of here!"

"Never!"

Nathaniel draw himself an airplane and flew away, then our box broke. 

"Wait," I said, "when he draws something else, the thing he drew previously, disappears!"

"What are you trying to say?" Cat Noir asks me. 

"I'm saying, he can only draw one thing at a time."

"Good thinking, Mari!"

"How do you-," he cuts me off. 

"Know your nickname? I have my ways."

What a clever Kitty!