Chapter 1

I've been up for hours, I had a terrible dream. I would say I've had it before but that's an understatement; try every freaking night for almost a year, since my dad killed himself. It doesn't help that I have insomnia too. It's a good thing I've had the dream though 'cuz my mom has been out drinking like she has every night since my dad's death.
I am a sophomore in high school, I'm failing badly, and I can't forget it. Mainly because my peers, teachers, and even the stupid principal keep reminding me. The alarm went off; I immediately reach my hand over to turn it off. I slept shirtless, so getting dressed this morning is a breeze. I stand up, take off my pajama bottoms, and put on some black jeans and the first black shirt I see in the drawer. "Lincoln Park" I grinned as I read aloud.
My mind immediately flashes back to when I got it.

I was out with a friend I used to have in a school I used to go to in an entirely different life. "Anna." I mumbled
Her lips were pierced, snakebites. I remember her red and blue hair, it was purple where the dye had met. I loved her once upon a time.

I remember so well, she had asked me to get it for her; if I think hard enough, I could still hear her voice and I still remember giving in to her beauty and buying it for her.

I walked down the hall to the kitchen; there was almost no food inside. "I wasn't very hungry anyways." I mumble as I grab my headphones off the counter.
I plug my headphones into my phone and look in the mirror as a song begins to play. I turn and noticed my black convers are the same shade as my jeans; which are both slightly darker than my shirt. I look higher and see my shark bites(lip piercings) and swoopy black hair. Then I noticed my arms and all the cuts going up and down them and remember why don't look in the mirror.

I turn away and begin to sing along to the music, in an attempt to calm myself down.

So how can you expect me to just close my eyes
And forget everything
Defending you is getting harder every day
Day...

Silverstein I think. The band that saved my life and that gives me hope, it's the reason why I'm still alive.
I open the door and begin to walk to school, i've always lived relatively close to it; a block and a half to be exact.
I saw the campus, fuck I thought as I walk to the gate. I saw Josh, the star quarterback, basketball team captain, and pretty much the captain of every other sport you could think of. I flip my hair into my face, hopping he wouldn't see me. Of course he did; 'cuz in our relatively small school, I was the only stereotypical Emo kid in our school.

Josh walks over and gets all up in my face and says, "Hey, hey, emo asshole" Raising his voice, the last word to sounding more intimidating than the last. I turn around and try to work out the gate to get away because the last thing I need is to get kicked out of school for fighting.

"Hey come back." He said somewhat sympathetically then very proudly. "You going to go cut yourself in that shit hole with your drunken deadbeat mom?" he smiled
I lost it and dropped my backpack off my shoulders and turned around; he was high-fiving his friends and getting recognition for being the biggest jerk in school.
I walked up to him and punched that fucker right in the face then I aimed for his neck but he fell back and ended up hitting him in the heart. I heard a voice in my head curse. Crap I missed before I could fix my mistake and I now felt too people holding my arms.
Josh stood up and said "Hey, you two." Pointing at the closest ones to me. "Get the legs too." The last thing I remember was a fist flying at my face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.n.
Sorry this sucks it's my first time doing this tell me what you think and if I get five stars all make a new chapter thanks for reading