Ch. 4 - Cursed Party

Author's Point of  View

The next morning, upon reaching the office and saw Sarawat sitting with Rebecca discussing some work.
Sarawat lifted his head and saw Tine, he smiled greeting the good morning. Tine sat on his desk and started his work that's when Rebecca called Tine.
"Mr. Teepakorn, can you please come, here"
"I am working-," Tine said
"Please, just a minute"

Tine sighs getting off the chair and walks to them.

"I know, you don't know me and Sarawat well, so I would like to invite you to my birthday party tomorrow?" Rebecca invites Tine

"Wait, what party? You didn't tell me about it." Sarawat asks his girlfriend.

"Sorry but I'm telling you now, actually I thought about it in the morning." Rebecca said before turning back to Tine "So will you join us, Mr. Teepakorn?"

"Sorry, I don't think so, Now I don't  like parties," Tine said in a cold tone looking at Sarawat.

Ajeeb dastan hai yeh,
Kahan shuru Kahan khatam
(It's a strange story
where it started and where will it ended)

Sarawat looked at Tine in disbelief

Ye manzilein hai kaunsi,
Na Woh samajh sake na hum
(What destinations are these.
Neither he nor I could understand that)

One of the employee's phone rings, he immediately, the guys switches it off and apologizes.

"hey! Where did you get lost? Rebecca asked Tine snapping her fingers in front of his face. "I think you are an introvert, Hey sarawat why don't ask him to come to the party" She added

Sarawat said "join us"

Tone this for few seconds before replying with a 'Hmm'

"Great! You guys will become good friends I think. Hahaha" Rebecca says clapping

Sarawat Tine looks at each other with an uneasy feeling.

In the evening, Tine packed his things ready to go when Sarawat calls him

"Hey Tine, if u don't mind, will you come with me to choose a gift for Rebecca?" Sarawat bite inside of his lower lip.

"Why should I? She is your girlfriend. You know her choice better"

"I can't select anything, Your choice was good during our college days"

"Unfortunately, My choice doesn't last long."

after saying this Tine walks away without looking at Sarawat.

Sarawat came back to his empty house. He lives alone, not because his parents live in another town, but it's just that his father is a police officer who is not loyal to his duty. He had some connections with the underworld people and he helps them in drug dealing, smuggling etc. When Sarawat came to know about this he felt disgusted and left the house after completing high school education. His Uncle (Rebecca's Father) used to give him money for university fees, house rent and other stuff. And now he started working in his uncle's company.

Tine's Point of View

Why things have to fall apart this way, We were never like this before, I know. But whatever happened that day, just ruined everything. It happened because of me. I lost him.

14 February 2019

Our friends had arranged Valentine's day party. I and Sarawat were enjoying the party with Music colourful lights, food, drinks. After dance and drinking, I grabbed sarawat's hand and lead us to the washroom. As we entered the washroom I checked if anyone is there and locked the door. Turning to Sarawat I pulled him by his collar and connected our lips, we kissed each other hungrily, I can taste the beer he was drinking earlier as my tongue exploring his mouth. He lifted me, making me sit on the washbasin counter. Unbuttoning the first three, he started leaving red marks on my skin. I wrapped my legs around him pulling him closer and kissing him again, his hands were teasing my nipple, I moaned between our kiss. I slide my hand inside his pants but he held my hand and stopped me "Not here, Tine we will continue this after going back home." He said. I agreed and off the basin counter. After fixing ourselves we joined our friends again. I was dancing on the floor sometimes taking a sip of the drink in my hand. I don't remember how much I drank exactly but I was drunk, in my drunk state I confessed my love to Sarawat

"Sarawaattt- I, I love you..."

I could see how the smile on his face dropped, that was the only thing I noticed. I think I said things like "ending the Friends with benefits thing and starting a relationship like other couples" I guess he was embarrassed as all our friend were there. He punched me hard across my face and splash water on my face, I was all sobered up "What the hell are you saying?" I was standing there dumbfounded as I saw him leaving the party. Without looking at anyone I followed him.
When I entered the room, I saw Sarawat was already asleep. I also got changed and went to sleep. The next day I woke up with a headache, search for Sarawat but he was not in the room. I thought he was preparing breakfast, so I went to take a shower. When I came back to the room Sarawat was sitting on his bed, he looked sad "You should not drink if you can't handle it." He said looking at me with teary eyes "You ruined everything, Tine... You ruined everything."

"Wat I was drunk, it was unintentional I was out of my sense"

"I know. Yet everything is over. Whatever happened, whatever we had everything is over. Now onward we are not gonna talk about it. We are not gonna talk or meet anymore. Goodbye, I'm leaving" that's when I saw the bags

"Wait, what, Sarawat It was a mistake."

"But this was on your mind and I don't want this"

Tine - "you don't want this? Are you serious????????, You are the one who wanted to be friends with benefits, You are the one who started all this, I never thought of you more than a friend. But eventually, I fell in love with you."

"And I can't take this anymore, We are over. Our friends with benefits thing are also over, I'm leaving. As our exams are done I'll come to collect the result later." Sarawat got up to go and now I was crying

"Wow. Great Sarawat." I clapped my hands "When you want you had sex with me and now we are done. You are a mean person Sarawat. It's my fault that I agreed to all this, it's my fault I fell in love with you." I wipe my tears  "Fine. We are done, get the fuck out of here."

Present-day(Sarawat's POV)

I was lying in my bed thinking about Tine and how our bond of two years broke. On that day, I was supposed to propose to him to be my boyfriend after coming back from the party but Whatever he did at the party I wasn't ready for that.  Now I regret what I did.

A stupid person is someone who knows all the facts and has proper information yet makes the wrong decision. Yes, I am that stupid person. He loved me, I loved him yet I left him. I guess that party was cursed. Tears rolled down from the corner of my eyes I intentional hurt the person I loved, the person who loved me. I humiliated him in front of our friends yet he didn't say a single word about it. Tine was not the reason we broke apart, I was. I realised this after I lost him. I lost my Tine.

Author's Point of View

The next day Tine came to the office and saw Rebecca, he went to her and wishes her a happy birthday.

Sarawat also came there, "Happy birthday, girl." He wished to hug her. "Thank you, baby," Rebecca said and kisses his cheek.  Tine turned his head in the opposite direction.

"Sarawat, Tine don't forget to come to the party tonight. I'll send you the address. Sarawat why don't you pick Tine up for the party." Rebecca suggested but Tine immediately refuses while Sarawat stayed silent.
"No, it's ok. Just send me the address I can come on my own."

In the evening, Tine got ready and went to the party. On reaching saw Sarawat was already there. There were many known and unknown faces attending the party.

The party looked royal, the decoration was classy, people wearing expensive clothes, Attractive Food counters, music and wine counters. it looked like a grand celebration.

Tine gave Rebecca her gift wishing her once again. After that, he takes a glass of juice and stands near a pillar alone.
Sarawat was standing beside Rebecca. He looked a bit uncomfortable. As Rebecca was holding his arm.

Tine recalls that cursed party two years ago, he looked at Sarawat and found him looking at him.

The door opened and everyone's attention was drawn to the person who just entered the party.

To Be Continued...