Under the Bigtop

Tim felt like an idiot for letting Roy talk him into paying for circus tickets when they were broke as heck.

     "Come on you'll enjoy it" Roy smiled dragging him inside.

     "You realize that was supposed to be our food money" Tim scuffed.

     "I got a box of hamburgers in the car" Roy assured him.

     "I'm not eating any more of that experimental food last time I was in the hospital for a week" Tim replied sitting down.

     "You were just overreacting" Roy rolled his eyes.

     "It burnt a hole in my stomach!" Tim glared "I was in the hospital for a week!"

     "If it was so bad why did you sneak out of the hospital window" Roy challenged.

     "Because I'm supposed to be dead" Their arguing was cut short as the lights went off and stage lights came on. Tim enjoyed the show, though he would never admit it, everything was fine until...

     "On the trapeze, we present the flying Graysons" Everything moved in slow motion as two bodies hit the ground. Tim could feel his ears bleeding, green swarming in and out of his vision. Screaming filled the air as people started to panic and in the middle of it all a twelve-year-old kid.

     "Tim" Roy's voice brought him back to.

     "Yeah" Tim responded shaking away the green "Come on," he said leading the way as they darted out of the stands. They ran off changing into their costumes before sneaking around to the bodies. By now the tent had been cleared with only a few cops marking off the crime scene.

     "What now?" Roy asked turning to Tim "We can't exactly walk up to them"

      "We need a distraction," Tim said looking over his shoulder.

      "Oh, I have an idea" About ten minutes later the sound of police sirens filled the air.

      "He did not just steal a police car" Tim groaned before walking over to the bodies and picking up the broken swing "It's been cut" he muttered to himself.