Chapter 22 (unedited)

A/N
I am finally able to write again. Thanks to everyone for the patience. This chapter it's dedicated to bubbles_8 and ChristineStarrs. Their comments are hilarious 😄.
Nicole POV
Smack!
"You idiot stop the car!"
Smack!
"If you don't stop the car right now I swear I will kill you in your sleep and throw your body to the stray dogs."
Smack!

"Would you stop hitting me with your bag? What do you have inside? You are hurting me."

"What did you expect the moment that you decided to kidnap me? Did you think I would bat my eyelashes at you and declare my undying love? It doesn't work that way Jack. NOW STOP THE FREAKING CAR!

SMACK, SMACK, SMACK.

"Nikki stop that if you don't want us to get in a car accident. Don't hit the driver."

I stopped hitting him but I was still fuming. He couldn't be really kidnaping me. What was going on in his mind. 4 years ago he could wait to get as far away from me and now he is kidnaping me? What will happen with Alex when I don't return home at the end of the day. He will be looking for me.

I had to change tactics with him and try to get in his good side and then as soon as I could see an opportunity I would make my move.

"So where are we going?" I asked trying to sound like I really wanted to go in this "trip" with him but not to look very enthusiastic for it or he would notice something fishy was going on

"We are going to my cottage. I want us to spend some time together and this is the only way that I can ensure you won't go anywhere." He said while looking at the road.

Ok so if he had to go to an isolated area where I couldn't leave that meant I had to make my move before we arrived there.

"I never knew you had a cottage. Did you buy it after we for divorced? I fished for information hoping that e would slip some important information.

"Yes. I wanted to be somewhere where no one could reach me. There is no civilization in a 10 mile areas and not even phone service so don't get any ideas." He looked at me smiling while in my mind I was thinking of different ways of how to rearrange his face.

"Is it take us long to go there? I don't like driving for long hours and I am getting hungry.

"It will take us about 4 hours to get there so I guess we can stop somewhere for you to grab something to eat."

"Thank you. I would like that" I gave him a fake smile and started to plan.

It will take us 4 hours which meant his stupid cottage was in the middle of nowhere. Who buys a cottage just so they could escape from people. If you don't want people bothering you just turn your phone off. You don't have to go to leave with bears and wolves to do that.

"There is a gas station 2 miles up ahead we can stop there to buy some junk food for the road until we go home." He said home like we were just a regular couple going "home" after a day of work. You don't take your hostage "home".

"What are we going to eat the whole time that you think it's necessary to "know" each other? I can't live on junk food. I want real food, lots of it."

"Don't worry Mariana would have stocked up the fridge there. You can eat as much as you want" he said showing off his dazzling smile that used to make my knees go week and now.. I don't think it has the same effect, at least not the same magnitude because every time see him I think about the fact that he didn't trust me and he destroyed our marriage.

"Is Mariana your booty call? Don't tell me you have a harem in that cottage of yours and now you decided that you wanted to add your ex wife to the list." I narrowed my eyes at him