❤️ 🌧️ - [unnamed]

ship - Romantic Drailey 

mood/genre - angst 

request by -  ellie22223 

a.n - kinda lazy lol. I made both Drew and Hailey irrationally bad and ignorant people in this oneshot. Not really proud of the plot in this one but here we are 

She inhales, then exhales slowly before announcing her news. "Drew and I broke up." 

"If you don't mind me asking, why? And when?" 

"A few weeks ago. I guess we were fighting about all the little things, and we just weren't compatible in the end."  

third person POV 

Walking down the stairs with Drew's phone in her hand, Hailey looks to the long desk she expected her boyfriend to be sitting at. 

He'd been so busy for the past few months. She tried not to let it bother her, as she knew Drew's job was a time-consuming one. She knew that he wouldn't be able to give her the attention he used to, and she knew he was trying his hardest to live up to his family's reputation. 

But it still always managed to get the best of her. Every time he dismissed her because he was busy, every time he put away her wants for his needs, it made her feel like she meant nothing to him. Was it selfish to just want some love? 

"Did you get it?" His distant voice yells at her as he arrives back to the stairway. Hailey hands him the phone in her hands, and is returned with a kiss to the cheek. He thanks her, and sits back down at his computer. As he dials a couple numbers in his phone, she decides to speak up. 

"Drew, do you still have time for our date?" She asks him, expecting an answer, hoping he wouldn't fall through with their plans this time. 

But as always, she is greeted with his regretful response. 

"Oh... damn it, I forgot. I'm sorry, Hails, but I have to make an important call tonight and I imagine it'll be a few hours before I'm done." 

She had bought a dress for today. It took her a month to save up enough money for it, and she bouthgt it exclusively for their date. She wanted Drew to just look at the dress she was wearing, to acknowledge how much she was looking forward to today. Maybe it would convince him to step away from work for just the night. Maybe they could have just the night to themselves. 

But he wasn't looking. 

"I... got a new dress." 

He takes a minuscule look at the article of clothing, giving a weak smile in return. "You're beautiful. You always are." 

As much as Hailey wanted to shake it off, the feeling that Drew was losing interest kept sticking to her. 

I'm beautiful? He barely gave a glance. 

She just wanted... to let it go. A breath in, then out. She needed to calm down. It wasn't his fault. It never was. 

But she couldn't just let it go. Her emotions get the best of her, and her teal hair flows in front of her shoulders as she hangs her head down. "You know what? I'm done helping you." 

This seems to startle him, and he gives a slight jolt. "I'm sorry, could I have a moment?" 

Oh. He's talking to the person on the phone. 

Drew takes the phone away from his face for a moment, cupping the bottom with his palm. "Sorry, Hailey. What was it you said?" 

"You aren't going to find anyone who's going to help you, from the way you act toward me. Toward everyone." 

"Whatever do you mean?" 

As if he doesn't know. 

"It's like you don't give a damn about me! It's all work, and you don't loosen up to anybody. No wonder no one else comes to visit you, to check up on you. They all gave up." 

"I-I didn't know you felt this way. Here, take my wallet and treat yourself to anything you want, and I'll try to make some room in my schedule for tomorrow." 

He takes the small black pouch and hands it to her, his way of saying just go away. I don't care. 

"You're wrong, you're always wrong. Money isn't going to substitute for your absense. It never does." 

"Listen, Hailey, I don't have time to argue-" 

"You never do. I'm not here for you to waste money on me. You can't throw your wallet at me to get yourself out of being a boyfriend, and a decent human being." 

"I know, I know. Just... please, can we talk about this later?" 

Hailey heads over to the door. 

"There's nothing else I have to say." 

And she drops the wallet on the floor, her way of saying I'm leaving. You don't care enough. 

"You two weren't meant to be." 

"Alright, alright. Don't have to rub it in." 

-- 

Losing interest, 

You won't find no better 

Than this 

I swear girl if you leave just let 

Me know so I won't look dumb 

When you move on 

(those are the lyrics to the song that I took the inspiration from for this oneshot! a friend helped me find the song a bit ago and I decided to incorporate some ideas about it into the plot) 

a.n - I didn't put much thought into the reason for the breakup either, and I probably should have done a bit more to make it more reasonable and logical haha. 

🄽🄴🅇🅃 🄸🄽 🅀🅄🄴🅄🄴: platonic Sadie + Zander 

- word count: 959