Reminiscing: Chapter 3

Peter's bedroom is not what you'd think a single, 26 year old dudes room would like. It is clean, and simple. Partly because he only had a bed, chest of drawers and lamp in the large room. "I'll show you the rest of the upstairs," Peter said.There's a bathroom, and extra room. "Okay. Thanks Mr. Kavinsky! I think I have a good idea on what to do with your apartment," I said and hurried downstairs and to the door. "Wait," Peter called, racing down the stairs after me. "Yes? I'll get your-" "No. Lara Jean. I wanna get to know you again. Please come with me to Sandbar Coffee?" "I...uh... I guess. But not now. Tomorrow at 2?" I agreed. "Okay. You have my number. I'll... uh... see you tomorrow?" he rubbed a hand through his hair. "Yep. Okay. Bye!" I opened the door and hurried out letting it slam in his face. "What did I just get myself into. What did I just get myself into. What did I just get myself into?" I murmured the whole way home. I quickly shot a text to Talia and Kitty when I got home.

Me: Hey Talia! Could you please book in a slot at 2 tomorrow? I have an appointment with Kavinsky.

Talia: Of course! 2 until...

Me: I'm not sure. Just clear me for the rest of the day.

Talia: Okayyyyyy ;)

Me: Okay Talia. Thanks.

Me: Kitty.

Kitty: Whattttttt

Me: I'm coming to the café tomorrow. With the one and only Mr. Peter. Kavinsky.

Kitty: No. Fucking. Way.

Me: Yes! Please be on shift! I need you as back up!

Kitty: Hell yes! I wanna see this go down!

Me: OK. Bye.

Kitty: Byeeeeeeeee

I turned off my phone, and made myself some edible cookie dough. I ordered Chinese food, and sat in front of the TV with my sketches for Peter's apartment. I knew exactly how I could make his place modern, and tie in vintage. All I needed was about 3 months. I could take 3 months with Peter. I can help the guy who cheated on me... yeah... I got this...