October 10, 2017

Dear World,

I went to Charlotte's place because we will be practicing the Cotillion dance for her debut. She will turn eighteen on the 21st and her parents throw a traditional debut party for her. As the only child, I understand that her parents would do such a thing, but the fact that they are running low on a budget because of Charlotte's medications makes me worry a little for Mr. and Mrs. Atkins.

Nevertheless, I understand fully well why they are doing this. Mom made me understand. I told her about my thoughts on the said party while we are having breakfast earlier. She said that Charlotte is the only child, second, she almost died, third, she is not fully healed from her sickness and lastly her parents want her to have a good time.

But here's a very good catch, Maddie and I were gossiping about this earlier. She was invited to the party but she wasn't part of the Cotillion but she came with me during the practice. She was there when we witness a budding relationship all thanks to what Charlotte has done.

Charlotte was the one who assigned partners. Turns out she invited the bisexual kid from my section, his name is Richard. He was the one who choreograph the dance steps that we will be dancing. They're partners and Charlotte paired Maddie's classmate, Julia with my ex-classmate Marcus.

A little background story about Marcus is that he's one of my classmates who stayed. So far he isn't mentioned in this journal because we rarely interact even though we share the same class. I've mentioned him in my other journals but so far this is the first time he will be in here.

Julia is one of my very good friends, both me and Maddie. She stood up for me whenever someone bullies me and even back in the day when I can't stay in one locker. Charlotte liked her as well but she knew less about her. But Marcus and Charlotte are classmates now so Marcus was invited.

Charlotte knew that Marcus has a crush on Julia that's the reason why Maddie gave up her cotillion position so Julia can replace her. I don't know how Maddie convincer Julia. Charlotte has no idea that back in the First year, Julia thought of Marcus as just an older brother that she admired. The admiration turn into a silly crush but was crushed when Maddie and Julia were in the ninth grade.

One of Julia's friends dated Marcus and she didn't want to be hurt by them unknowingly so she forced herself to move on. However, that friend didn't take Marcus seriously which leads to a sore breakup. Julia was kind of torn as well because of that. Marcus is okay now and he told Charlotte that he likes Julia. Hence the dance partnership.

I am kind of like excited about where will this ends.

Always,

Sandra