October 19, 2015

Dear World,

I now loathe Penelope so much. She's my classmate and we got close at eighth grade or so I thought. She isn't one of those classmates that I hangout with but it turns out that she's one of those people who backstabbed me.

Right, it's the first time that I mentioned her here in this journal because she pretty much ignored me the rest of ninth grade so I ignored her as well. Now she's such an attention seeker. Whenever the teacher mentioned something bad like bad habits or pet peeves, she would call out my name.

"Alright class, we will tackle the tale of this prince that is so greedy." the teacher would say.

"Sandra." Penelope would call out.

Good thing the teacher will just ignore her but they would stare at her for a few seconds. She is disrespecting me and the teacher. But hell she cares about it. Penelope is sending a message that I'm a bad person pointing fingers at me when she is not a saint herself.

Why am I writing this now? Well, I'm sorry I just want to vent out, Charlotte tried to calm me down so I decided to write here in my journal instead. She's been doing this for a month now and my patience is wearing thin before I could confront her.

Charlotte doesn't want me to do anything like confrontation or anything physical because that's what Penelope wants. To taunt me and if I attack I'm guilty, telling that it was just a joke. So I ignore it but it doesn't mean that I can't do anything about it.

"I want to do a secret revenge but I want to do this covertly." I said to her.

"What do you have in mind?"

"Penelope likes Carl and Carl is my friend. Remember the Job experience class?"

"Yeah?"

"Carl loves to take a selfie on my phone and I didn't upload them. What we can do is have those selfies develop and write fake love notes to her from Carl."

"Sandra, that is so cruel. That could potentially damage your friendship with Carl."

"What Carl doesn't know won't hurt him. Are you in or out?"

"Sandra, I care for you so I'm out but if you will still do it. I won't tell anyone."

"I understand, I know this is cruel but please also understand that what Penelope did to me is also cruel and I can't just let it pass."

Charlotte didn't help me and since we carry lunch boxes now and have our lunch by the tree, which I may add has tables and chairs around now, I told Maddie about my experiences with Penelope. As a sister, she got really mad about it and asked me if they can do something about it. I omitted the part where I told Charlotte my revenge because I don't want my sister to be dragged into it. She even suggested putting some snakes in Penelope's car, to which I laughed and just shrugged. I want an act of revenge that is so cruel and will have a lasting effect. I sound bad.

Charlotte and I look at each other the moment Maddie asks what I will do. Charlotte narrowed her eyes at me and I just gave her a blank look. I looked at my sister again and told her that I'm doing something about it but they're out of it.

Good thing, she and her friends didn't press it. And by the time we were about to leave school I went to the furthest photo developing shop that I can find. I just texted Maddie and Charlotte that I am doing the 'comeback' and they should go home without me. Charlotte wished me luck while Maddie texted what's my plan. I didn't reply to both of them.

I looked around the shop and saw no one from our school was there. I could tell because school hours just ended and no one is wearing our school uniform around the shop except me.