Chapter 7

Later that night Harriet, Ron, Neville and Hermione were in the common room. Hermione was pacing.

"That foul, evil, old gargoyle. We're not learning how to defend ourselves. We're not learning how to pass our OWLs. She's taking over the entire school!" Hermione said.

"Security has been and will remain the Ministry's top priority. Furthermore, we have convincing evidence... that these disappearances are the work... of notorious mass murderer Sirius Black." Fudge said.

"Harriet." Sirius said.

"Sirius? What are you doing here?" Harriet asked.

"Answering your letter. You said you were worried about Umbridge. What's she doing? Training you to kill half-breeds?" Sirius asked.

"Sirius she's not letting us use magic at all." Harriet said.

"Well, I'm not surprised. The latest intelligence is that Fudge doesn't want you trained in combat." he said.

"Combat? What does he think, we're forming some sort of wizard army?" Ron asked.

"That's exactly what he thinks. That Dumbledore is assembling his own forces to take on the Ministry. He's becoming more paranoid by the minute. The others wouldn't want me telling you this, Harriet,... but things aren't going at all well with the Order. Fudge is blocking the truth at every turn... and these disappearances are just how it started before. Voldemort is on the move."

"Well, what can we do?" Neville asked.

"Someone's coming. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. But for now, at least, it looks like you're on your own." Sirius said.

Then Hermione walked up to the window.

"He really is out there, we know that and remember. We've got to learn to defend ourselves. And if Umbridge won't tell us how we're going to need someone that can." she said.

A few days later they were on their way to Hogsheads.

"This is mad! Who'd want to be taught by me, I'm a nutter remember?" Harriet said.

"Look on the bright side: you can't be any worse than old toad face." Ron said.

"Thanks, Ron."

"I'm here for you, mate."

"Who's supposed to be meeting us, then?" Harriet asked.

"Just a couple of people." Hermione said.

When they got there they were at the hogsheads and saw a goat walking by.

"Lovely spot." Neville said.

"Thought it would be safer off the beaten track." she said.

"Matey, come back here!" someone said while a goat started leave.

A few minutes later they were all inside and waiting to hear something. So Hermione stood up and started.

"Hi. So you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had realexperience defending themselves against the Dark Arts." Hermione said.

'Or secretly been studying dark arts.' Harriet thought.

"Why?" Zabini asked.

"Why? Because You-Know-Who's back, you tosspot." Ron said.

"So she says." Zabini said looking at Harriet.

"So Dumbledore says." Hermione said.

"So Dumbledore says because she says. The point is, where's the proof? If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed..." Zabini said.

"She's not gonna talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, clear out now." Neville said.

"Come on, Hermione. They're here because they think I'm some sort of f-freak." Harriet said standing up.

Neville was surprised she could say that after hearing that so often at home. But he caught her having trouble saying the word.

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?" Luna asked.

She stood there quietly.

"Yes. I've seen it." Hermione said.

"Blimey, Harriet. I didn't know you could do that." Dean said.

"And she killed a basilisk, with the sword in Dumbledore's office." Neville said with his arm around her rubbing her back so she could calm down.

After saying the word freak she froze and got a picture of all the time she's been called that for fourteen years. So Neville had her sit down and held onto her.

"It's true." Ginny said.

"Third year, she fought off about a hundred Dementors at once." Ron said.

"Last year, she really did fight off You-Know-Who in the flesh." Hermione said.

"Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that... but the truth is, most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time. I nearly always had help." Harriet said and stood up again.

"She's just being modest." Hermione said.

"No, Hermione, I'm not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow. But out there... when you're a second away from being murdered... or watching a friend die right before your eyes... You don't know what that's like." she said.

"You're right, Harriet, we don't. That's why we need your help. Because if we're going to have any chance at beating... Voldemort..." Hermione said.

"He's really back?" someone asked.

She nodded. Then everyone started to sign the paper.

On their way back to school they talked about where to go.

"Next is where to find somewhere where Umbridge won't find out." Harriet said.

"The Shrieking Shack?" Ginny asked.

"That's too small." Harriet said.

"Forbidden Forest?" Hermione asked.

"Oh blimey no." Ron said.

"Harriet, what happens if Umbridge does find out?" Ginny asked.

"Who cares? I mean, it's sort of exciting isn't it? Breaking the rules." Hermione said.

The three of them looked at her in shock.

"Who are you and what have you done to Hermione Granger?" Ron asked.

While they headed to school they said things they knew and what to work on.