Chapter I

Ner words in this chapter: 1,482

"Talking"

'Thinking'

–Parseltongue–

{Talking on the fireplace/Two-way mirror/through Patronus}

Thinking in 3rd person POV/Dream/Memory/Flashback/Others

Letter/Journal/Book/Newspaper

Time change/Date of time

Change of POV

-Chapter I-

July 1938

Harry's POV

"A little higher... Focus... Are you focused?" the 10 years old, almost 11, child nodded. "Eyes on the target and..."

The boy pushed the rifle's knit and the gunshot was heard. The older laughed.

"Great shot." the man stated proudly, going to pick the beer can from the floor.

"It's all thanks to a great teacher."

The boy blushed as the man messed with his hair.

"You're turning into a great strong person. One day you'll be stronger than me and your mother."

"Father..." the boy whined.

Father laughed and pulled an arm around him pulling him back to the hut.

"Let's go, mother must be thinking I'm stealing you all for myself."

The boy smiled and the two headed back. As they approached a white owl appeared and laid on the boy's shoulder pecking on his hair in an affectionate way.

"Mr Holmes, I presume."

Father looked up in confusion at seeing a stranger on their doorstep.

"Get inside, Jade."

The boy nodded and run inside. Mother pulled him to her arms at once, pulling him away from the door. There was a silence inside the hunt as they heard father talking outside with the stranger, finally the door opened and father entered with the stranger.

"I'm unsure why you insist so much. My kid never went to school and neither I nor my old lady would set her up in a strange school we never heard about."

The boy tensed at seeing the man enter. It had been years since he had seen one of his kind. He had hoped...

"Miss Holmes, I suppose?" the ginger man asked with his blue eyes twinkling.

"Indeed, that's my daughter."

The boy, Harry as he once used to be called, saw how the ginger man, professor Dumbledore if Harry was correct, patience was going thin and his hand started to hitch for the stick, a wand, that was most likely in his pockets.

"I wonder if Miss Holmes as ever done things that could not be explained when she was scared or afraid?"

Harry's adoptive parents shared a look.

"What about it?"

It hadn't been on purpose that Harry had used his magic against father... But at the time Harry had just arrived and seeing a man approach him had made him react... He didn't want to be hurt ever again. It had given his parents quite the scare but after mother found Harry's books on his trunk the two limited to roll with it. Harry raised his hand as if he had his wand in hand and whatever spell Dumbledore was about to do was deflected. The man looked at him.