Chapter 4

"To escape and sit quietly on the beach-that's my idea of paradise" -Emilia Wickstead

____________________________________

September 13 8:45 AM

Bella seemed to be off, she seemed to be grumpy that it was her birthday, that she was growing older as she would put it. She almost refused her gifts that Dad and I gave her last night.
Mom And dad coordinated their gifts, dad getting her a camera while mom got her a scrapbook. I got her a journal and some markers hoping to continue the theme of 'capturing memories'.
This morning she seemed upset as if she had a bad dream or something. She hurried out of the house getting into Edwards silver volvo. Since she was going over to the Cullens after school I got to drive her truck to work. When I arrived I saw Bella standing with Alice and Edward, Alice holding what looked like a small box wrapped in silver in front of her.
I rolled my eyes knowing that Bella would probably try and refuse whatever was in that box. I made my way over to the group

"How many times have you guys been a senior?" I hear Bella question.

Edward was about to say something when he seemed to sense that I was near. Turning to great me.
I raised an eyebrow looking at the three, but I decided to ignore what Bella had said, knowing they wouldn't tell me anyways.

"Good morning Alexandria," Edward smiles.

"Hello Edward," I chuckle rolling my eyes at the fact he's the only one who calls me by my full name.

"Are you sure you can't come over tonight?" Alice asked eagerly.

"I'm sure Alice, I'm sorry."

"Well then for your birthday you have to let me throw you a big party, to make up ." She smiled.

"Sure whatever you want."

"Oh you might regret saying that Alexandria, Alice tends to go overboard on certain things." Edward joked.

"It's fine, Alice," I looked over to her "do your worst ." I smiled linking my arms with her as we made our way into school
____________________________________

September 13 3:45 PM

I give Bella one last hug as I make my way to the orange beast. Dad had to work later than planned so I figured I would head over to La Push beach while I wait for him to be off. The weather forecast today called for wind and rain, the sky had already started to darken as I drove. I went straight to the beach, hoping to spend a little bit of time here before I got rained out.

Everyone always says that the beach is best in bright, sunny weather. But me, I prefer it like this. The grey skies, the dark intimating ocean and the smell, oh the smell, rain mixed with sea salt and pine trees. Taking a deep breath in, I gather my sketch book and a blanket making my way down the already damp beach. I walk for a bit until I find a fallen tree that would make the perfect back rest. I lay my blanket down and lean back , taking a few deep breaths in and out, releasing all the stressors from this week.

"Alright let's see what I can come up with" I say to myself, taking out my pencil and opening my sketchbook.
____________________________________
September 13 4:30PM

*Yawn*
I shake my hand out, stretching my arms over my head. I take a look at my phone and realize I have already been out here for almost an hour. I smile to myself looking down at my work.

"Hey pass the ball!" I look up, confused as to where the voice came from. I noticed a group three boys down the beach. 'Huh when did they get there?'

"Are you gonna throw us the ball?" the same boy asked.

Realizing that he had been talking to me I quickly tried to stand up, but my legs gave out from under me causing me to fall backwards.