Normalcy? Hardly.

I woke up the next morning in my bed. I glanced out the window, which was frosted, out to the hazy landscape that was my backyard. I yawned and got up, getting dressed sluggishly for school. I turned to my dresser and yelped before falling backwards. Sitting on my dresser was three pea-looking creatures crowding a bluish rabbit to the wall, taking turns at swiping at it with their sharp claws.
The rabbit hissed and tried to run, each time failing. I stood up and swept the creatures away from the rabbit, which in turn drifted to my shoulder. I watched it as it drifted down to the floor by my doorway. It seemed to want me to follow. I sighed, what did I have to lose?

The rabbit darted ahead, forcing me to jog to keep up. Down the hall, up the stairs, and back towards the back of the house. It finally jumped up and through the ceiling, to the attic. I pulled the ladder down and climbed up and peaked around. The rabbit circled around a box, leaving a blue aura in a trail behind it. I pulled the box from the corner and looked at the rabbit, it looked between me and the box. I opened it slowly, and before I could react, a winged creature with a pig face flew out and fluttered frantically amongst the rafters. I shouted and grabbed the thing closest to me. A broom. Then swatted it down. It chirped twice before imploding into nothing but ash and dust. I grabbed the box and looked for the rabbit, which had disappeared. I jumped down the ladder and slammed it shut before sprinting back to my room.

I opened the box completely, prepared for anything to come out. Inside was a leather bound notebook, a pair of old fashioned glasses, and a set of calligraphy pens. I cautiously pulled the objects from the box and set them aside before peeking into the journal. I felt my eyes grow wide when I saw a small drawing of the bat from hell.

Alatum Porcus - "Winged Bat"
Small, E-0 level demon, can be killed with aerosol sprays and fly swatters (if hit hard enough).

This is my grandfather's journal. I remember watching him scribble and scratch with his pens onto the onion-skin paper. Flipping through the pages, I saw the entries slowly change from simple, small things to morbid monsters. The next ones were almost human in shape, but with twisted features.

Yuki-Onna - "Ice Queen"
Humanoid in appearance, E-7 level demon, must be burned or torched, most often seen as a beautiful woman but needle-like teeth and blue/white eyes

Bajang - "Jungle Witch"
Medium sized, ? level demon, can be trapped in a bamboo tube if you lure it inside with food (one of its greatest weaknesses is its hunger), often seen as a jungle cat, true form a stumpy old lady with sharp teeth

Beside each description was a way to kill or trap the demons and a small scribbly doodle, almost cartoonish in style. The next few were a creepier, the drawing more sharp, almost as if they had been scratched onto the paper.

Ao Oni- "Blue Demon"
8-9 feet tall, M-6 level demon. Folklore depicts the oni as blue, with a bulbous head and a small body. It's very slow, but if it catches you, it will eat you and use your voice to lure others to their deaths.

I sighed and closed the book, vowing to look through the book later. Now, I have to get to school.