Chapter 3

(F/F)=favorite flavor

In the morning, Reki had arrived early like usual to pick you up from your house. Your home was situated on the path he used to skate to school so you could both take these extra little timers to talk about nothing and everything or just decide to walk in silence, admiring the scenery and hearing the morning birds chirp happily in their hidden nests up in the trees with both your boards stuck to your bags. Reki's was strapped on the back of it, while yours was on the bottom since you carried a black duffle bag with yourself.

The sunrays of the morning hit the leaves tenderly and some even managed to kiss your skin, giving you a good amount of vitamin D to start the day. Even if you considered yourself like a creature of the night, you could still cherish the piecefullness of the mornings. Another moment of feeling alive and free.

When you two had made it to school, you both walked straight to your desks while greeting some of your classmates. You were seated right in front of Reki's desk, much to the pleasure of both of you.

You pulled out your phone and earbuds to put on some relaxing music while looking outside. You pressed on your playlist and let the music roll right into your ears. You leaned on your left palm and watched the life playing outside while you were stuck in school doing work and all that jazz.

'What a life we're living...'

"Hey Reki, did you get in a fight?" One of the boy's classmates asked walking up to his desk in curiosity at his bandaged arm.

"Yeah, as if." He scoffed.

"What's your deal? You got your butt handed to you the other day as well."

"Hey! That's not true!"

"I swear, you're always drawing something weird-" And before one of the guys could properly finish his sentence, Reki had cut him off with his usual energetic self, happy that someone else aside from his best friend would get curious about his doodles.

"WANNA SEE?" The red head exclaimed with hope and joy.

The three guys that had crowded around him stared blankly at him, not at all interested in what he had wanted to desperately teach them.

"Not really..."

"That's dangerous."

"Y'a got issues, dude."

And just like that, they had left the boy on his own to return to their respective places after realizing that there truly was nothing to get excited about. Reki dejected, scoffed at that, slumping back down in his seat. You, who had heard the guys discuss from your place, couldn't help but to let out a couple snickers.

"Lonely~ I'm so lonely~" You sang as a mockery without even looking back.

"Oh, shut it, you." Reki grumbled from his place, throwing you a ball of paper, making you laugh even more.

"Alright go back to your seats, class. I'd like to introduce you to our new transfer student." The teacher announced as whispers started filling the class.

"Wow, he's cute."

"Yeah I know right. And he's so tall."

"Wonder where he's from."

At the mention of a foreigner, you turned your attention onto the front of the class and unplugged your earbuds, deciding on putting your full attention on the new guy. The boy was pretty tall and had neat blue hair that fell down his nape. A frown was settled on his face and he didn't look like the most excited student you had seen yet.

'Relatable.'

The teacher asked the new guy to introduce himself after a hot minute of just staring blankly at the class.