Parenthood [Part Two]

George had written a letter to you not too long ago. I mean, he had to speak to you some way, right?

He, however, had gotten no reply. Maybe he was being impatient, maybe he was rushing it but George was desperate to see you and he was going to find you. No matter what it took.

Madame Puddifoot had not expected to see George at her cafe so often, but it was great for business — everybody would stop by simply to see him and when he bought tea or cake, they did too. It had been ages since her shop was popular — back before the war and godric knows she needed the business. Old age had not been kind in her medically.

One day, you finally came into the cafe and George was there waiting for you when you did. Naomi wasn't with you, but he at least wanted to talk to you. He knew that he shouldn't have left you, he should have at least written and he had never forgiven himself for doing it when he did.

"Y/N! Y/N, hey!"

"Hello, George." You replied, paying for your coffee.

Everything in you was telling you that you shouldn't have replied, but some part of you wanted Naomi to meet George. And some part of you wondered if George had married or had children yet, because you hoped desperately he hadn't.

"How's Naomi?"

"She's goo- what?!"

George smirked. "What?"

"How the fu- Fred."

"Yeah. Fred told me." He smiled, "I've gotta say, we made those names when we were fourteen, I'd have never expected you to actually name your — our — kid one of them. I heard she was supposed to be a twin."

"Yeah... the battle."

"I nearly lost my twin in that battle too. I'm really sorry that I wasn't there for you when that happened, Y/N."

"It's okay, George."

"No it's not. It's really not. What did you call her? Naomi's twin?"

"Well I was gonna call her Nya, but she was a stillborn."

"Nya? Isn't that the baby that's buried in the graveyard in Godric's Hollow?"

"Yeah..."

George was taken aback a little bit. He had walked past that grave so many times in the past four years, and he had never thought about it possibly being his — or somebody else's who he knows' baby.

"I was broken for a little bit. Everybody told me — not to fight, but I felt like I'd be a coward if I didn't. It was my own fault."

"It's never the mum's fault, Y/N. You would have never done it if you thought it would hurt her, and nobody thinks any less of you for it."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, George. I really would have, but I moved away after the war and had no means of contact."

"It's alright. I'm glad I know now."

"Would you like to meet her?"

"I would, but not if it would be of inconvenience to you."

"You don't half sound posh, George."

"I've been practicing."

"But no, you meeting your daughter wouldn't bother me at all. However..."

"Oh no..."

"You can only meet her after you take me to dinner. Deal?"

"Deal."