Chapter 11

I was running. Running in slow motion. Everything around me slowed down as I kept my race towards what I was crying for. His absence of life made me realise how carefree I was, how stupid I was, how selfish I was. How silly was I to insist on knowing what was going on when I have been told so many times to stay out of it. For my safety, for everyone's safety.

And now he was laid down, motionless. And my eyes got blurry from my tears, stumbling on the ground from time to time and hearing my name being called from behind by Harry's pack telling me to come back. But I couldn't let go. I couldn't let him die alone. I needed to be here for his last times. Until his last breath.

I tumbled down, next to him and took his head in the palm of my hand and my other one pressed against his bleeding heart. I was crying, I wanted to scream, I wanted to save him. But I was powerless.

I stroked his cheek, closed his eyes and kissed his forehead. "I love you, dad."

14 hours earlier.

It was finally Christmas Eve. The day that I've been waiting the whole year, the day where families were gathered around a well-stocked table decorated by candles and red and green napkins with a big illuminated Christmas tree in the corner of the dinning room.

I was pretty excited to be the more honest. I loved those kind of festivities and the familial atmosphere that was reigning through London's streets. Everyone seemed so cheered up around Christmas time, that it almost made all the problems dissolve until next year. Almost.

I was smiling like an idiot, staring at the ceiling and thinking of yesterday's event. Harry was not in bed when I woke up, but I knew he probably was making breakfast like he did it the first time.

My lips were still burning from his kisses and I straightened myself in order to put my messy hair into a ponytail and get myself out of bed. I took his black T-shirt and wore it, seriously thinking of bringing extra-clothes with me everytime I go out because it looked like I started spending alot more of my time here than in my own house.

I pinched the bringe of my nose, desperately sighing as I realised I have not given any news since yesterday and my mother might be dead of worry. I dragged my feet to my bag which was rested near the door and grabbed my phone, immediately composing her phone number.

Only after two rings did she answer my call. "Good Lord, Crystal where are you?" Her piercing voice made me jump, slightly.

"Mother, I'm okay I'm with a friend. I'm sorry I should have called you." No other answer came through the other end of the phone, leaving me wondering. I could see her biting her nails like she always did when she didn't know what to say or how to say it.

"Are you... Are you with that boy...?"

I knew she was talking about Harry. I looked through the window, wondering if she knew who he was. I was sure him and my father knew each other somehow. I could've guessed by the way they looked at each other. But my mother seemed unaware of that. I decided she didn't know as I told her "Yes. I am."

She squeaked and giggled. "Crystal is with her boyfriend, Eric!" She shouted to my dad. My eyes widened.

"Mum, mum he's not my boyf-"

"Okay sweetheart, see you tonight! I have to go back to the kitchen. Oh! And bring him home for dinner. If he has nothing to do on Christmas Eve, obviously. Kay. Bye love you!" She gushed and hung up, leaving me appal. What the hell did just happen?

I put my phone back inside my bag and opened the bedroom door. There was no breakfast odour flooding around the corridor. Neither was any noise at all. I walked around the appartment, looking inside each room to find him but he was nowhere.