Hirata POV: Class Introduction Vol. 1

After the teacher left the room, the students who received the large amount of money were restless.

I soon then realized that I don't know any of my classmates name's yet and taking the lead for this class might help in the future and as to not repeat what happened before. Wait, let's first stop thinking about that. I then decided to take the lead for this class, stood up and said,

"Everyone, can you guys listen to me for a bit?"

All of my classmates looked at me, even the groups that were talking about going shopping and so on after school, looked towards my direction.

It seems everyone's attention is on me now and all of them are looking forward to what I have to say. I then start talking in a composed and calm manner to make a good first impression as well.

"Starting from today, we will be in the same class for the next three years. So, it would be great if all of us could introduce ourselves and become friends. We still have time until the entrance ceremony, so what do you think?"

Whew...now that's done, I just need to wait for someone to agree and we can start the introductions immediately. Of course, I'll start it as the one who suggested doing it in the first place.

"I agree! After all, we don't know each other names, let alone anything about each other."

Someone then agreed to me and soon most of my classmates voiced out their agreement to my proposal.

"My name is Hirata Yousuke. Because I was often called by my first name, Yousuke, in middle school, feel free to use my first name. Although I like all sports, I like soccer in particular, and also plan to play soccer at this school. Please take care of me."

After I finished my introductions, I looked around and saw girls staring at me. I don't really feel comfortable being stared like this a lot, so I continued and asked for their confirmation to continue the introductions.

"Well, if that was satisfactory... then, can we start self introductions from the beginning?"

The first girl looked incredibly nervous to start her introductions,

"M-my name Inogashira K-ko—"

In the middle of her introductions, she suddenly stopped. We weren't sure if it was because she was just nervous, or didn't know what to say or maybe both. Soon, when no more words can be heard to come out of her again, she turned pale from the embarrassment. Especially with the stares everyone is giving her. After some time, words of encouragement were directed to her by a few people in here. It may be because they didn't want to wait any longer or just genuinely wants to hear her introduction.

"Do your best~"

"It's ok if you don't rush~"

Such words of encouragement were given to her, but I think it just pressured her even more as soon, the words that were stuck in her throat was now nowhere to be found. The silence lasted longer and the pressure was now immeasurable. 

Small giggles were now heard from some girls in the class. Until, finally a girl spoke up and gave her another set of encouragement words.

"Doing it slowly is fine, don't rush through it."

Her words had a different impact than the words of the other's earlier and this is most probably because she is a girl too. For Inogashira, hearing the boy's encouragement might seemed to be a bit forceful than asking her to really slow down and don't rush.

Later on, she regained a bit of her composure and calmed herself down. Until, she was able to continue her introduction again,

"My name is, Inogashira... Kokoro. Um, my hobby is sewing and I'm good at knitting. P-please take care of me."