Horikita POV: Convenience Store Vol. 1

A/N: writing style shift from this chapter onwards cuz it's been year/s since I last wrote here TT

---x (starting from pg 47)

After the ceremony ended, the explanations of the facilities and buildings came next. Honesty, I couldn't care less about those. I'm only here to catch up to my brother and prove to him that I'm not the person he used to know. When all of those concluded, I went on ahead to the convenience store to buy the things I needed for my stay here.

A few minutes inside the convenience store, I was picking a shampoo that would serve as enough necessary toiletry for sometime, when someone that I saw quite a few times today unpleasantly came in through the store's door. 

"... What an unpleasant coincidence." I quickly blurted out those words as if it's the only thing I can say to him every time I see him.

"Don't be so hostile. Rather, did you also have stuff to buy?" 

He just shrugged off my greeting. Might as well go along with this then.

"Yea, just a bit. I came to buy some necessities."

I ended up answering his question while still examining what shampoo to buy from the shelf I was looking at. This "shopping" should only take a while since I'll only need the basic necessities to live through my 3 years in this school or, at the very least for this month.

After I placed the cheapest shampoo I could fine inside my basket, he looked at me as if wondering why I'm placing the cheapest one in my basket instead of one that can be considered a good quality item.

"I thought girls paid more attention to what kind of shampoo they used."

Like I thought...

"That depends on the person, no? The type of person who doesn't know where they should be spending their money." 

After saying this I shot him a cold gaze that was saying "Could you not look at other people's stuff without permission?". Overall, I seem to have gotten that point across to him as he backed off a bit.

He's really interested about a lot of things, a mystery person. Now that I think about it though, I didn't see him leaving the classroom earlier when the introductions were ongoing. There were quite a number of people who left then because they didn't see the purpose in staying behind and introducing ourselves. Of course, that's me included.

"Also, I didn't expect you to stay in the classroom for self-introductions. You don't look like the type of person to be in that group of classmates." 

"I'm trying to be in that group quietly precisely because I try to avoid trouble. Why didn't you participate in the self-introductions? It's only a short greeting. You could get along with the others and get the chance to make friends."

Really? Are you so sure about that? After all......I see you all alone here even after staying in the room for the introductions. Ahem. I'll give him a different explanation than that......for now.

"There are a lot of reasons I could give you, but should I give a simple explanation? Even if I introduced myself, it's not guaranteed that I would get along with everyone. Rather, it would've probably created problems instead. If I don't do the introduction, none of these problems occur. Right?"

Somebody might suddenly talk to me, force themselves on being friends with me, bothering me and all those. It would be very bothersome to deal with. Hence, I avoided all these potential problems by simply not introducing myself. If anything, there's already someone pestering me by asking my phone number and claiming she "wanted to be friends with everyone" in our school year.