Chapter 3

Jessica's POV

"A musical episode?" Are you crazy?" I blurt out at the cast meeting after Shonda suggested this crazy idea for an episode. I mean a musical episode? Who does she think we are. I look around to see if anyone else is as shocked as I am but they all seem to be on board with the idea so I shut up and say "I'm in." 

"Great, now that we have everyone's approval..." Shonda says as she looks over at me and gives me the side eye. "I already have a base script written and we will have a table read in an hour, for now head back to your trailers and do whatever." She finishes as she walks out of the room with what seems to be the rest of the cast following her. I stand up to see that one cast member waited for me. 

Sara's POV

"Not a big fan of musicals, I see?" I say as I hold the meeting room door open for her so we can both walk out. She chuckles and pushes me as a joke. 

"Got any plans for the next hour?" she asks me as we walk out of the building. I respond with no even though that's a lie and I have some work I could be getting done. She invites me back to her trailer and I gladly accept as I love to spend anytime with her at all. We get into her trailer and she goes through some papers on her desk as I sit on the small couch and grab a stupid celebrity gossip magazine to read. 

"He- wants a divorce..." I hear her mumble.

"Excuse me?" I say looking up from the magazine to see her holding a big orange envelope with the most shocked look on her face.

"Chris- he-- wants a divorce..." she says holding back tears.

I immediately stand up and walk over to her and offer her a hug. "Did he say why?" I ask obviously curious where this is coming from.

"Something about that he doesn't like me playing a lesbian on a TV show" She answers which surprises me and I immediately pull away from the hug.

"Oh Jess, we can talk to Shonda. I'll even ask to switch our schedules around so we work opposite hou-" I ramble on before being interrupted.

"Sara shut up!" She says sternly. "Im not going to let him get in the way of my work or our friendship." Friendship. Who knew a word could feel so bitter but after all that's what we are. Just friends.  I think to my self before hugging Jessica and walking her back to the couch where she rests her head on my shoulder for the rest of the time until the table read.

Jessica's POV

I feel so safe with my head on her shoulder. I almost forget about anything bad that is going on in my life right now. I lift my head up off her shoulder and look at her. She looks back at me confused and I just stare at her. I move closer to her slowly to give her the chance to back away before I do the most impulsive thing ever. With our faces a few inches apart and us looking at each others lips I lean in and finally do what I've been wanting to do for the longest time. I feel like electricity had just swept through my body. Finally when my lungs are begging me for air, I pull away. We look each other in the eyes before she finally breaks the silence and asks

"Uhm, what was that?" She asks curious and nervously.

"I don't know..." I start freaking out "Im sorry, I shouldn't have done anything uhm its time for the table read" I spur out thinking that I just ruined our friendship but im interrupted by a pair of lips on mine. I feel the electricity all through me again until she pulls away and says

"Shh, I never said I didn't like it." She smirks and walks out of my trailer and head to the table read room. I sit back against my couch ad take a second to catch my breath and soak in what the hell just happened. Once I've somewhat collected myself, I walk out of my trailer into the place we will read the preview script.

AN: Okayyy! Sorry that it took me so long to get part 3 out!! I'm so sorry! Also go check out my other story I just started. I'll be working on both so don't fret!