Chapter 22

Thranduil stood on his throne thinking and thinking about what to do. He called me in and same with Tauriel.

"Mia, I won't let you go down there by yourself, but I will go and Taruiel you may go if you want to," he said. I was excited to finally go and save Legolas. "I will find a route to take and let you guys know when I find it." I was so excited that I hugged him and he hugged me back.

That night I couldn't sleep at all, I decided to wonder the halls of the Elven King. I thought about saving Legolas everyday and finally my dream had come true. Soon I spaced out and bumped into a dark figure.

"Mia?" Said a voice. I couldn't see anything it was pitch black out. Finally the lights were switched on. It was Thranduil, of course. I was embarrassed because he saw me in my night dress.

"Uh, sorry I couldn't sleep," I said hesitantly.

"I can't either," he responded.

"What happened with your wife," I asked when the question popped in my mind.

"Let's go sit down," he said while pointing at a bench. "It all began a while a go. A few years after Legolas was born. I had gone into battle. I told my wife to stay behind, but she didn't want to leave me. So I let her fight with me and sadly she never came back home," he had explained but not in much depth.

I soon started to get sleepy. "I'm so sorry for your loss. She was probably really pretty and sweet. I wish I could have met her. I bet she was an amazing elf leader, like you," I said unconsciously while yawning. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Yes, yes she was," responded Thranduil while smiling.

I had fallen a sleep within minutes. Thranduil then picked me up and tucked me into my bed.

Thranduil P.O.V

After that, I gently kissed her forehead I stood there staring at her. "I think I have fallen for someone beautiful," I whispered.

I then walked back to my bedroom. I wanted to save Legolas, but I love Mia. Without him here I can have her all to myself, but I couldn't lose him again. They both brighten my life. If I let Legolas die down there I would break my promise with Irethia (his wife) and I would be devastated, I couldn't bare to lose him again. I pondered about saving him. It was a hard choice.

Mia P.O.V

I finally woke up in the afternoon. The sun was shinning right in my face. Looking into my wardrobe I picked out a teal blue dress. I freshened up for the day. I then walked into the throne room looking for Thranduil, but he wasn't there. He must be still sleeping.

I decided to look around the palace again. As I walked down the long hallways I roamed over to Legolas' room. I stopped and stood there. My eyes began to tear up. Thinking about what horrible things could be happening to him made my heart ache. Having the thought that I'm not doing much to save him also made me feel hurt.

I felt someone put their soft hand on my shoulder. I turned my head and saw it was Thranduil. "I know it hurts. We can get threw this, together," he said. I stared deeply into his eyes as they sparkled.

During the moment, I got an idea. I left Thranduil and I ran to find Tauriel. I explained her my plan. She thought it could possibly work. I then darted out to the throne room, where I assumed Thranduil went.

Legolas P.O.V

It was only the second time I saw my own blood. I felt weak and broken-down. The thought of Mia kept me going. I missed her so much and the same with Tauriel. Even my ada I had missed.

Everyday I would think of a plan to escape, but there were too many orcs. I would never escape successfully for even alive. That was until I was put the job to make more rooms in the underground.

Mia P.O.V

I finally made it the throne room, there Thranduil sat. "Thranduil, I have a great plan," I said out of breath. He looked at me and tilted his head. "I think we should find a spot and dig down. I have a theory that the orc lands are right beneath us, we just don't know it," I added feeling brilliant.

He walked slowly down the stairs. He started to pace in front of his throne. He looked stressed. "Are you ok?" I asked, he nodded his head.

"Let's do it," he added.

Legolas P.O.V

I started carving out one room. I thought if I dug up then I would be able to escape. After thinking that; I did it.

Mia P.O.V

"Let's start digging here," Thranduil commanded. A few people including Tauriel and I started digging.

Legolas P.O.V

I started hearing a thumping sound above me. I thought it could be a dwarf running across. Soon my shovel was scooping out more and more dirt faster.

Mia P.O.V

I was really hoping my theory worked. I dug and dug faster. The ground soon started to crack.

Legolas P.O.V

The ground fell apart. I looked up and realized it was Mia! Then many orcs came running towards me. She put her hand out I tried to grab it before the orcs got to me.

Mia P.O.V

I was so happy to see him I reached as far my arm could go. He grabbed my hand I pulled him up, until many orcs got a hold of him. They were much stronger than me. I called for help but many of the elves shook their head like there was no hope.

Soon I started to get pulled in, which I didn't mind, as long as I'm with Legolas. I had almost fallen into the hole until Thranduil pulled me out and the other elves rapidly put the dirt back in its place. Legolas was once again lost.