6

"Training: the biggest part of being a Shadowhunter. Where we learn how to survive how to kill our enemy, and how to identify what we are attacking or what we don't want to attack." I say in what I hope is a smart sounding voice. Right as I am taking a breath to start my next very important sentence I hear a "What I miss?" right behind me. I whirl around with my knife in hand to kill whoever is behind me. Hunter.He smiles sweetly at me and then in my head I hear his voice, Hey watch where you swing that thing. I smile sarcasticallyin his face and then as he goes to join the other instructors, I return to my lesson. After about ten minutes of me talking to them the trainees get bored and start to whisper to their friends. "All right, all right! Listen up! We will work with all of you individually. Go straight to the instructor I have assigned you to. Go!" They all run to the instructor I told them was their coach. They will stay with that same instructor until the graduate and become a real Shadowhunter. I purposely did not set Hunter up with anyone so that we could have so time together. Because we rarely get any time together considering that my schedule is so unpredictable and that him being a werewolf, cant be trusted to stay with you all the time at night.

As we walk away from the training area and the clashes from the swords and knives fade, I say to Hunter, Where do you want to go? He looks at me with that look that says it all. Follow me. I always thought it was so cool watching Hunter turn into a wolf. It kinda happens all at once. He shrinks, grows a tail, and then he's jogging and you have to sprint to catch up. When I finally do I notice that he is back in human form leaning against the trunk of an old Oak tree. We call it The Oak, probably because it is the only Oak in the whole place. Also it's his house. My heart skips a beat when I realize what he just did. He just led me to his house. Alone. In the middle of the day. Alone. With him all the rest of the day. Hunter. Me. House. Alone. Mental freak-out! Hunter? I ask quizzically. Sam. He is the only person I will ever let call me Sam. He says my name like it's a promise. I walk to him slowly, yet just fast enough that he knows what I'm getting at. He turns into a wolf so he can go into hi house, witch leaves me no choice but to follow him. When I step into the room I am overwhelmed by how clean his house is. Well I guess that he doesn't spend a lot of time here so it should be clean. Sam. I here his voice in my head and follow it through the house. I find him in his room, calmly waiting for me.

💋💋💋Audrey💋💋💋