Chapter 1

Denali: First day of Junior year, another year of having to be perfect.. I hope this will finally be the year I actually get to show who I am, and not just how many A's I have. I wonder if i'll make any new friends, mine are fine but they need to loosen up some. My best friends are named Symone, Gigi, and Jackie, the three smartest girls in this entire place, except for me of course. I have never seen Gigi or Symone say anything that wasn't academic and I think this is the year that things will change. I have seen a fun side of Jackie, back in Junior High, I miss that Jackie, who couldn't take anything serious and didn't care about anything. I'm not sure what happened to her over the summer but she came back a completely different person. I stopped thinking on the past and snapped back into the present when I realized someone was trying to get my attention. "Miss Foxx!" a woman snapped. "Sorry Principal Michelle, I zoned out." I said. " Well there isn't time for that, I have a problem and I think you can help." She said raising an eyebrow. "Of course ma'am, what is it? I'm happy to help." I said nervously. " We have a new student coming this afternoon, Her name is Rosé, she is not a good student and has been in and out of the prison system, I believe that she can learn from you. Are you up for the challenge?" She asked expectantly. "I don't know Miss Michelle, but I've never met a problem I can't fix." I said confidently. "Well let's hope that's true, this won't be easy."

Later in the day

Denali: A voice all of a sudden came over the loudspeaker, "Denali Foxx, report to Principal Michelle's office immediately" I took a deep breath and looked around. Everyone was confused why Little Miss Perfect was getting called to the principal's office. I stumbled my way to the office nervously, there I walked in and saw Miss Michelle standing next to someone. The girl had long curly red hair, dark brown eyes, freckles, and pale skin, she was absolutely gorgeous. "This is the new student, Rosé" My heart nearly skipped a beat, 'This is the girl that's such a troublemaker?' I thought. "Hi there, I'm Denali." I said trying to keep my calm and reaching out my hand for a handshake. "Rosé, It's a pleasure to meet you." She said with a slight grin creeping across her face which she quickly repressed. This is gonna be one hell of a year.