The Childhood Of An Assassin

Marinette and Damian were both raised in the league of assassins. Marinette was the daughter of Sabine Cheng, the best assassin to ever be with the league. And Damian, well he was the future heir of the league.

Marinette and Damian were not allowed to have friends but they ended up becoming friends with each other. They pranked all the league members except Sabine, Talia and Ra's.

Marinette and Damian kept their friendship on the low for if their parents were to find out they would be horribly punished. They continued training everyday and whenever they had a break they used it to come up with plans.

One day Ra's called Marinette and declared that she would be Damian's bodyguard. Marinette, while shocked that Damian needed a bodyguard, accepted the position for she would have more time to hangout with Damian.

Marinette and Damian spent more time together although Damian questioned why he needed a bodyguard if he was just as skilled as Marinette.

Eventually when the day Slade attacked the league came, Damian and Marinette understood why Ras wanted a bodyguard for Damian.

Marinette and Damian were back to back fighting the traitors when all of a sudden they got separated. Damian was fighting someone else and they were about to strike him from another side so Marinette ran towards him as fast as she could. The blade that was supposed to injure Damian instead injured Marinette when she got stabbed on her side.

Damian immediately turned around to try to help Marinette but they kept attacking him so he couldn't help her.

By the time Damian had killed all the traitors that were attacking him he turned around only to find Marinette missing.

During all the attacks the order of the guardians was watching when all of a sudden they saw the future guardian true wielder of the black cat miraculous get grievously injured. They snuck in and rescued her. She tried to put up a fight seeing that it was no one she knew but she could not, for she had lost a lot of blood and the slightest bit of movement caused her quite a lot of pain.

Once they got to the temple they started treating Marinette wounds. While they were doing so, Marinette wondered why they rescued her even with the knowledge that she was an assassin and could easily kill them with a flick of her wrist if she wanted to.

Meanwhile Damian was looking over the whole place for any signs of Marinette when he ran into his mother. Talia grabbed Damian and told him that she was going to take him to Gotham to meet his father.

Damian of course protested he needed to find Marinette and help her. He tried telling his mother but she would not listen and continued dragging him to take him out of the temple.

Damian yelled at his mother to stop that he needed to find Marinette she was still in there. Talia, desperate to get Damian out of there, told him that Marinette had died and there was nothing he could do about it.

Damian stopped walking, shocked at having just heard the news Marinette could not be dead she was just as skilled as him and was the daughter of Sabine Cheng.

Damian had no time to find Marinette's body but he swore he would bring her back one day 

This is for the event in trope tussle

I am part of the childhood friends

Thanks Icerosecrystal and @wintermeleonbear for beta reading 

Word count: 567