xx.

You had wondered – for the days that followed – that if maybe the rescheduled meet-up hadn’t been cut short by Anthony, if things would be different.

You came to the conclusion that all that really would’ve been different was that you’d know a little less.

“You’re finally going to do it, huh?” Anthony grinned from across the pool table. You had, according to the original plan, all come together at the old bar where you’d first met the two. “You’re going to tell him how you feel?”

“Is it a bad idea?” You asked, missing your shot. Your mind was heavily distracted, and it was showing through. You were usually wiping the floor with the duo, but now you were losing four balls to one.

“No, no, it’s a fantastic idea,” Anthony bent down to line up his next shot. “Tell her it’s a fantastic idea, Seb. Better yet, tell me who the Black Widow should be with.”

Sebastian, who had been sat to the side, waiting for his turn, rolled his eyes and took a swig of his beer. “I admit nothing until I see a ring.”

“Speaking of rings!” Anthony jumped up excitedly – either from the prospect of marriage or the thrill of pocketing his ball, leaving team Falcon and Winter Soldier with just the black on the table – “I’m thinking a round cut two carat, set in rose gold? Colour scheme would he lavender, of course, because as best man–”

“You can get fucked if you think you’re going to be best man.”

“Of course I’m best man! Look at me, I’m the bestest man around, I’m fine as–”

“You can both get fucked if you think there’s going to be a wedding,” you laughed.

Anthony hissed a curse under his breath as he missed the winning pocket, reluctantly handing the cue off to Sebastian, who hopped off the stool to land gracefully on his feet.

You chalked your cue, determined to not lose yet another game to these dipshits. “I haven’t even told him yet, what if he doesn’t feel the same way?”

Anthony and Sebastian both looked at you, incredulous. “I mean this with only love, and it comes from a place deep within my heart… Are you blind?”

Sebastian was even balking. “Even I could tell, and I have the social skills of a pineapple.”

“Okay, fine! You both are clearly biased, you saw us kiss.”

“No, we watched a softcore porno is what we did, y'all devouring each other like that in public–”

He cut himself short, having to laughingly dodge himself out of the reach of your playful slap.

“I’m asking Scott for the final opinion,” you proclaimed.

Sebastian rolled his eyes, eager to play and win the game, bouncing the end of the cue on the wooden bar floor. The rubber stop muted the noise.

You opened up the text thread you had been maintaining with the younger Evans. Should I tell Chris?

You didn’t need to elaborate, Scott would know what you meant. There was a pause on his end, and you had just been about to put your phone away before his response bubbled up.