Growing Pains: Final Part

Justin was still sat in his sons room. He didn't want to believe that he was acting childish. The irony of it all is that as he's thinking about how childish he's become, he's sitting in a child's room, in the corner- like a child. His bottom lip pouts as he hears you and Jason leave happily. He slumps from the agonizing silence of the empty atmosphere and groans when he notices your back. His state couldn't get anymore bizarre than it already appears.

She's always right, Justin thought. My mother even told me that she was. She's perfect and all I ever do is be the asshole in the relationship.

He lifted himself from the corner of the room while giving himself a pep talk. Justin knew exactly what he had to do to make this up to you. A little bit of everything.

"Y/N," he sighed. His eyes were glossing because he had no idea what your response to him would be. Justin thought that because he just decided to acknowledge you, he was for sure in for another argument. Well, not an argument- more of a lecture.

"Now you want to say something." You rolled your eyes for the millionth time today, but you had to take some things into consideration. You, in fact, do treat Justin like a child. You do take control a lot. You are pregnant. You do command more than anyone can handle, but you felt as though Justin should know that. You even felt like you were never wrong, that everything that came out of your mouth was golden.

You were so high and mighty in your thoughts that you never took the time to think about anyone else's feelings. The only person you've done that for was Jason, of course. He's your son, what else would anyone expect, right?

Well Justin is your husband, and he loves you just as much as Jason does.

"Stop, okay? You're not going to yell at me and I'm not going to yell at you," he groaned, trying to keep his composure. "We need to come to some type of reconciliation before the day ends."

He walked across the room and sat on the bed, directly next to you. When he sat your knees touched an he used his hand to rub your thigh.

"You're right," you gulped. "We do."

"I know that the only way to get through to you is to talk to you." You nodded. "But the only way I will be satisfied is if you sit there and listen to me."

"Justin I-

"No, you talk all the time. Just listen, can you please just do that," his frustration getting the best of him. His face was turning red and he hated the fact that he's never been able to stand up to you. In every way possible, he married his bully.

"Okay," you sighed, finally, for once, feeling overpowered. "Sorry," you muttered.

"Y/N, I hate fighting with you, but you don't ever hear me out. I know I've been neglecting you lately and I'm sorry, okay? I know that when you were pregnant with Jason, it was different. I was always with you, I was always worried about you and I watched your every move, but it's different now. I have two people to worry about, and I still feel like I do worry about you. You always have your guard up so I stopped. Honestly, you push me away. You're so tough that I can't get through."

"Jason is a kid, and he's a boy. Of course I'd probably pay more attention to him than you. You'll understand soon because I know the sex of the baby-

"Wait we're having a girl," you squealed, forgetting all about the argument. You had asked the doctor not to tell you the gender, but to let Justin know. He realized his mistake as soon as he said that hast word. He couldn't even be angry anymore, he just let it go and allowed for it all to just fade away. It wasn't even that serious.

You both have talked about your controlling tendencies and his inferiority before, and it didn't need to be repeated. But, because he did acknowledge it again, you knew you had to work on it. He also knows that he needs to be there for you, even if he is obsessed with taking care of Jason.

"I love you, so much." He kissed your temple and you said it back. "Let's just forget about all of this," he grinned. "You know, I heard sex is better when you're pregnant." 🌚

The End