That's Love

Based on a song.

By Marc E. Bassy & Ty Dolla $ign.

"Justin," you sang, giddily searching for him throughout the house. He had been down lately about his last laryngologists (a.k.a. the vocal doctor) appointment. Apparently he has to go on vocal rest for another 10 hours. Noting that he couldn't respond, you kept looking and finally found him in his movie room. "Hey, how's your throat feeling?"

He put up his thumbs after taking a sip of the tea the doctor recommended.

"Awe, my poor baby," you coo, taking a seat on the couch next to his warm body. He's been watching as much television as he was able to, as well as keeping his mouth occupied with food, water and tea so that he wouldn't be tempted to say anything. "I think someone needs a fresh cup of hot tea, huh?"

The way you spoke to him resembled that of an adult speaking to an 8 month old baby. One who doesn't talk, but just stares at you blankly. Although that was the case, Justin didn't mind it. The last time he was on vocal rest, he ate up the fact that he could get you to do anything he could come up with without him using his voice. Last time wasn't as serious, he had just come off of tour and wanted to recover his lungs, but this time, he was due to record and his throat wouldn't cooperate and he lost his voice entirely. So, in this moment, he wants to be treated like an 8 month old.

"You know, as soon as your voice comes back, I'm going to take a vacation from you and your shenanigans," you laughed. He smiled, looking over at you while he handed over his tea cup. "You've been in here all day, walk around a little," you say, holding onto his hand, pulling him up from the comfy couch to follow you to the kitchen where you had kept a kettle going for him throughout the day.

He held your hand, lovingly stroking a thumb up and down the back of it. When the both of you made it up the gross of stairs and into the kitchen, Justin took a seat on a stool behind the marble island. As you filled his cup with his throat tea, he watched, grinning to himself. When he can't seem to talk, he always takes the time he'd use for speaking, to think. As he watched you steep the blend of tea leaves and honey his doctor recommended, he thought about how much you do for him and how much he loves you for it.

"I love you," he painfully gutted from his throat. You turned around, with wide eyes.

"Justin, shut up, man," you scolded. He frowned, but understood your concern. You handed over his tea cup from across the island, but made sure to give him a smile. "But, I love you too. Now drink your tea, so I can hear your voice again."

. . .

Unbelievable has been updated. 👍🏽