Eighteen- Deku

As much as I would like to stay with Jiro's family, I doubt Mr. Aizawa would let me. He pulls up in his fancy ass limo and motions for me to climb in. I can only imagine how bad this looks to bystanders.

"If I'm kidnapped, you know who it is." I mutter to Jiro.

She laughs and pecks my cheek. I wave goodbye to her and hop into the limo.  Mr. Aizawa looks at skeptically.

"When did you see her?" He asks me.

I instantly reach for my butterfly knife, twirling makes me feel less on end.

"Don't swing that around." He advises.

I don't put it away, but I do twirl it closed.  I can't think of a good lie to tell him about seeing Jiro, so I keep my mouth shut.

Uncomfortable ride later

I'm not hungry for lunch but Mr. Aizawa won't let me skip it.  Most of my classmates went home, still, some linger.  Unexpectedly, I spot Deku.  He sits alone, food in front of him.  I quietly make my way over.

"You too?" I ask.

I didn't expect to still see him here.  I don't know Deku's full situation but from what I've gathered, his dad was never around leaving just him and his mom.  His mother is very protective want wanted to pull him out of UA.  That's all I can gather from conversations being had around the dorms. 

He gives me a nervous laugh, "I'll see my mom for Christmas, but right now wouldn't be good."

I sink into a seat next to him, "I bet.  She wouldn't let you back here."

Hw laughs again and messes with some of his hair.  I notice an industrial bar piercing and three lobe ones.

"What are those?" I ask, smirking.

His face shines red, "t-they we're a dare." He stammers.

"They look cool!" I grin.

He doesn't look so embarrassed anymore.  I don't know how to feel about him.  He has what it takes a be a hero, a very good one.  I could never make him a villain.

"We used to play truth or dare a lot," Deku tells me as he eats, "surprised we haven't played with you yet."

"Should I be offended?" I ask playfully.

"We can play with her." Todoroki's voice rings.

I whip around, "you too!?"

He laughs and messes with my hair, "I don't want to see Endeavor until his funeral."

I burst out laughing.