For Caleah (Newt)

"Leah!" Newt calls from the lookout spot.
You see him waving his hands in the air like an idiot. You laughed softly seeing your best friend call for you at the top of the lookout.
"Neewtiee!" You call back at him with a wide smile stretched across your face. You walked over to right underneath where he was standing on the lookout point.
"Gather around, gladers, I have a bloody important announcement!" Newt started looking at you. You felt the heat flood into your cheeks.
"OooOoohh am I sensing a crush developing here?" Mihno whispered while poking at your side. That just made you flush up even more. Mihno and newt have been your best friends since the first couple days you arrived in the glade, which was almost four months ago.
"Caleah and Ne-!" Mihno began in a sing song voice but before he could finish you covered his mouth with your hand. You felt him smirk under your hand, then he licked your hand. You pulled away instantly. You should've known he would do that.

"I gathered you all here in the middle of the glade because this isn't a usual announcement, it's a proposal" Newt started talking so we all quieted down.

"Caleah, you're my best friend but I wanted to make a public proposal to show how much you mean to me, would you like t-to go out with me?" Newt declared confident yet nervous. The gladers let out oohs and aahs especially Mihno.
"Well, shuck of course, Newt" You looked up at him and smiled. At that moment he gave you the biggest grin you've ever seen on a man and he sprinted down the ladder like stairs.

Once he got to the bottom he paused for a second to look at you. His eyes were dark, yet soft and loving. His mouth twitched slightly then he ran up to you and brought you in his arms. You two had the biggest hug you've ever had and you were so happy.

Slowly around you the gladers started to clap until it was in a full out cheer. You looked over to Mihno and he gave you two thumbs up and mouthed the words 'I approve'. You hugged Newt a little tighter knowing that he was yours now. You couldn't wipe the grin off your face. "I have loved you for too long" Newt whispered above the cheering. You shed a tear of happiness knowing that he felt the same way. "So do I, shuck so do I, Newt"

Hope you liked this imagine! It was my first one so yeah. Let me know if you didn't like it, did like it or whatever just message me or leave a comment. -Lily Howell